Draft Chat

Vying for acceptance into the Experts Challenge League in 2011.
Bloody Sox
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 12-team mixed, 5x5 roto, modified keeper

Draft Chat

Post by Bloody Sox »

Hey All - welcome to the league. As stated in the thread on the Leftovers forum (viewtopic.php?t=398790), the Top 3 finishers in this league will be given the three N00B spots in the ECL in 2011.

The constitution of this league will pretty much be identical to the ECL league - in that league's forum (viewforum.php?f=265) they have been discussing roster changes from last year - so once they've finalized their decision, we'll adopt the same (sounds like they are going to go with 8 pitchers (2 SP, 2 RP, and 4 P with a 1450 IP limit).

They are planning to do their slow draft in the ECL on CouchManagers instead of here in a Cafe thread. I've done a couple of mocks over there and its pretty good. They have a few different ways to queue players and set up autopicking that can help speed things up while not screwing teams by autopicking stupid players (for example, you can set it to autopick only your next pick and only if that player is in your queue). I'm open to either option, however.

Last item of note... silverZ threw out the idea of throwing $50 in to make it interesting. I'm up for it but I don't want anyone to bail because they are not interested in making it a money league.

Just waiting for 3 more guys (out of 4 invites) to sign up...
kmoneybags
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Pre-Draft Chat

Post by kmoneybags »

Thanks for running the league. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm fine with couchmanagers or doing it here through the message boards. As for money though, I'm pretty much maxed out in terms of money leagues I'm already in. In fact I had to cut one because of this issue. However if everybody wants to do $50, I'll step aside.
WickedSmaat
T-Ball Trainer

Post by WickedSmaat »

Hey just letting you know if there's any spots available I'd be down. I know I'm late to the party but just putting it out there ;D
Element
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Element »

I don't have another $50 to dedicate to fantasy unfortunately. Living paycheck to paycheck as it is. Looking forward to this league though.
Bloody Sox
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Bloody Sox »

Its all cool guys - the $50 was just an idea, but only going to do it if it was unanimous. There's a good enough prize just getting to take on the so-called experts next year.
rookies and cream
T-Ball Trainer

Post by rookies and cream »

WickedSmaat wrote:Hey just letting you know if there's any spots available I'd be down. I know I'm late to the party but just putting it out there ;D

If WickedSmaat had declared his interest earlier, he certainly would have been on the list of 12-14 I gave. ;-D
NYMetsIn2k4
T-Ball Trainer

Post by NYMetsIn2k4 »

if the league will be hosted by yahoo, why not use yahoo to do the live draft? just set the draft day now, so that it will surely be available, and then everyone will plan their schedule around it so that they will be able to attend... seems more logical to me but i guess those sorta details arent up to me, im just here to play!
Bloody Sox
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Bloody Sox »

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:if the league will be hosted by yahoo, why not use yahoo to do the live draft? just set the draft day now, so that it will surely be available, and then everyone will plan their schedule around it so that they will be able to attend... seems more logical to me but i guess those sorta details arent up to me, im just here to play!

Well, these type of things are up to you, and all of us. It'll come down to whether people want to do a slow draft or not. We'll take up that vote once we get our 12th and final member to sign up.

rookies and cream wrote: If WickedSmaat had declared his interest earlier, he certainly would have been on the list of 12-14 I gave. ;-D

OK - I'll give the other two guys who have already been invited until tomorrow, then I'll add WickedSmaat to the invite list.
silverZ
T-Ball Trainer

Post by silverZ »

I would prefer a couchmanagers slow draft over doing it here. Yahoo wouldn't be bad either, whatever is good with you guys.
AEMRICH
T-Ball Trainer

Post by AEMRICH »

I like the Yahoo draft idea

Return to “Experts Challenge League - N00Bs”