the 25 Million Dollar bullpen

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

wrveres
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

the 25 Million Dollar bullpen

Post by wrveres »

Put this in your Yankee pipe and smoke it ...

Linebrink 1.5 mill
Woody 5 mill
Hoffman 5 mill
Chan Ho 15 mill .. .
:-B :-B

Kevin Towers really needs to just go .. just walk away .. go .. please .. let the Sandy Alderson era begin .. I beg you.

I mean what should we expect from a guy who prides himself on bieng 'the sludge merchant' (his words), but that right there is just over the top .. OMG!

All I got to say is, with all that savings for next year, Klesko, Park and whomever coming off the books, we better be getting fricking Blalock.

:-t :-t
Madison
Trivia Champion

Re: the 25 Million Dollar bullpen

Post by Madison »

wrveres wrote:All I got to say is, with all that savings for next year, Klesko, Park and whomever coming off the books, we better be getting fricking Blalock.

Huh? Blalock's under contract for awhile. ;-)

Oh, and you guys are not going to start Chan Ho ;-7 ? Why not? ;-7

Lol. :-b
Darkness consumed the light, beckoning his return.

The Deadman walks again!
Bukoski77
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 12team H-H $$ keeper league, advanced scoreing system, midseason minor league drafts, all ML (up to 9) kept in addition to 8 keepers, 4 hitters & 4 pitchers

16team H-H $$ keeper league, advanced scoreing system. 3 minor league roster spots first come first serve off waivers, all ML players kept in addittion to 6 keepers, 3-4hitters and 2-3pitchers

Post by Bukoski77 »

C'mon now. That pen could make a difference in a division decided by the team that finishes a game or two over .500.
Laean
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 12 team 8x8 h2h weekly update yahoo league non-keeper

cats:
runs, hits, hrs, rbis, sbs, walks, total bases, OPS
innings pitched, wins, losses, saves, walks, ks, ERA, WHIP

my team:

C: posada
1B: david ortiz
2B: utley
3B: glaus
SS: bobby crosby
LF: dunn
CF: sizemore
RF: tracy
Uti: mora
Uti: gibbons
BN: edmonds
DL: sweeney

SP: carpenter
SP: brandon webb
RP: putz
RP: otsuka
P: burgos
P: felix
P: bedard
P: kazmir
BN: blanton
BN: j cruz
BN: t lilly
BN: orvella

Post by Laean »

as a padres fan, i don't think i'd want blalock in petco.
RynMan
T-Ball Trainer

Post by RynMan »

I agree about Towers.
stumpak
T-Ball Trainer

Post by stumpak »

I look at that and I see starting pitching depth. Sure Woody and Chan Ho are mediocre big leage starters but when a pitcher or two goes down, as inevitably will happen, they are lot more servicable than some scrub from AAA.

Obviously they are both overpaid, but it is unfair to imply that they serve no greater purpose than hurling long relief.
T-Ball Trainer

Post by 5 »

Chan Ho 15 Million? Are you serious?
thedude
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: "This year I'm told that the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely that is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."Charles Eliot
"Professional athletes should not be role models. Hell, I know drug dealers who can dunk. Can drug dealers be role models?"-Charles Barkley

"Heroes and cowards feel exactly the same fear. Heroes just react to it differently."

"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.

Post by thedude »

Hoffman and Linebrink are both great deals...

Williams and Park are not.

To get rid of Nevin the Pads had to take on another bad contract and that is why they have Park.

Williams for 5 million is not a terrible deal (see Wright, Pavano, Milton, Ramon Ortiz, Jarrod Washburn, and a host of other medicore pitchers making more money).

I wouldn't say he has done that bad a job.

Now if want to complain about trading Bay that is another story...
Mookie4ever
Roster Information: [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/search.php]WHIR[/url]

Post by Mookie4ever »

C: Piazza: 38 Mirabelli: 35
1B: Klesko: 34
2B: Bellhorn: 31
3B: Castilla: 38
SS: Greene: 26
LF: Roberts: 33
CF: Cameron: 33
RF: Giles: 35

Average age of starters: 33.6

:-°
Amazinz
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Amazinz »

Wow. That's an old team. At least Wrveres will have something to empathize with. !+)

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”