Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nate Robertson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nate Robertson

Postby isockbull » Wed May 03, 2006 10:55 pm

#1. Why is he doing so well
#2. What are reasonable expectactions for the rest of the season?

I remember this guy was pretty good for a stretch in 2004, but stil wound up with terrible #s. Is he finally molding into a quality guy?
isockbull
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Wed May 03, 2006 11:05 pm

I don't know, but I had picked him up and started him in a couple of leagues and I'm pleased for the momen.t ;-D
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:05 pm

He's just helping his value for a trade, imo.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 24)

Postby nirjraina » Thu May 04, 2006 12:29 am

Hes pitching well but has been facing some real weak offenses the last 2 weeks, like Angels and Mariners etc. He got hit pretty well against better teams. Id say ride out the hot streak but dont start him against really good offenses like Cleveland etc. Hes not quite at that level yet.
nirjraina
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Nate Robertson

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 04, 2006 9:29 am

isockbull wrote:#1. Why is he doing so well
#2. What are reasonable expectactions for the rest of the season?

I remember this guy was pretty good for a stretch in 2004, but stil wound up with terrible #s. Is he finally molding into a quality guy?

#1 - it's the Kenny Rogers effect :-D
#2 - reasonable expectation is...worse than he's doing now. he's a really up and down pitcher. a few years ago he had some great stretches and then pitched like garbage.

if anything i would just ride him while he and the Tigers are hot, but i wouldnt expect these numbers all year. his ERA will climb above 4 before the years over
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu May 04, 2006 2:51 pm

Check out his first half numbers last year. Similar, but a slightly higher WHIP. Of course, he fell off in a major way later in the year. He is capable of decent things, but his endurance is questionable. Fantasy-wise, I probably wouldn't count on him, but I'm glad he's in the Tigers rotation. With all the young potential starters in the Tigers' minor leagues, he might make some nice trade bait if he keeps it up, both in fantasy and real life.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -450)

Return to Baseball Leftovers