Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo question

Postby TheArch1tect » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:51 pm

Anybody know when Yahoo fantasy baseball is gonna start?
What do Don Zimmer and Grady Little have in common? Neither could take out Pedro.
TheArch1tect
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:55 pm

i am like 75% sure it opens tomorrow....anyone else have any idea?

PS: It's DON Zimmer not PAUL Zimmer.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:00 pm

yeah, somebody posted that it started tomorrow
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby GoldenGlove31 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:04 pm

I think and hope its starting tomorrow. 15th is mid February and Yahoo says it starts mid-february.
GoldenGlove31
College Coach
College Coach

Yahoo

Postby TheArch1tect » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:20 pm

I hope it starts tomorrow - and thanks for the zimmer thing - my bad. Those Yankees.... they all look the same to me.....
What do Don Zimmer and Grady Little have in common? Neither could take out Pedro.
TheArch1tect
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:23 pm

Every day the last 2 weeks there has been a post like this. Why does everyone have their panties in a bunch? If it's the 15th, or the 20th or the 25th, it will come. Relax a little. Drafting a team this early sucks anyway, and the damn games don't start for 6 weeks, so what is the rush. It's like talking to my 4-year old for petes sake.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phatjagz14 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:26 pm

Tribe-Fan wrote:Every day the last 2 weeks there has been a post like this. Why does everyone have their panties in a bunch? If it's the 15th, or the 20th or the 25th, it will come. Relax a little. Drafting a team this early sucks anyway, and the damn games don't start for 6 weeks, so what is the rush. It's like talking to my 4-year old for petes sake.

sounds like you're the one with your panties in a bunch. I drafted my league and I'm sure a lot of other people have. It's fun to guess when yahoo will open and people obsessed with fantasy baseball like me enjoy staring at our teams. If you don't like it, then don't read the thread.
It's like I've died and gone to heaven......but then they realized that it wasn't my time, so they sent me to a brewery.
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:34 pm

phatjagz14 wrote:
Tribe-Fan wrote:Every day the last 2 weeks there has been a post like this. Why does everyone have their panties in a bunch? If it's the 15th, or the 20th or the 25th, it will come. Relax a little. Drafting a team this early sucks anyway, and the damn games don't start for 6 weeks, so what is the rush. It's like talking to my 4-year old for petes sake.

sounds like you're the one with your panties in a bunch. I drafted my league and I'm sure a lot of other people have. It's fun to guess when yahoo will open and people obsessed with fantasy baseball like me enjoy staring at our teams. If you don't like it, then don't read the thread.

I am as obsessed with fantasy baseball as the next nut in here, and that’s a fair point, but here is another. Impatience is a weakness, and that particular weakness is easily exploited in fantasy baseball. You can say it’s fun to guess the date, but I don’t think that is why everyone is obsessing. Relax and it will be here soon enough.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GoldenGlove31 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:04 am

I am not going to draft until Mid Spring Training starts due to the fact players get injured. I just want to sign up for my leagues as soon as possible and just wait until my drafts come. So come your horses! B-)
GoldenGlove31
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers