Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi: I'm gonna jump the gun, boys!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:56 am

Smizzy wrote:
Ron Santo wrote:Lots of people are sleeping on the steroided sell out this year.

And they should be.
Barry Bonds??


Good point. All these poeple think Bonds was on roids, and wouldn't have any problem with taking him in the second round*. But Giambi comes off roids, and all of a sudden you shouldn't draft him? Come on now.

*Yes, I'm making generalizations. I'm sure there are some poeple who think Bonds was on steroids and wouldn't take him in the second round. There's also a high correlation of those people, to people who won't win their fantasy leagues.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9018
(Past Year: -178)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby The Jury » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:16 am

Go go Giambi! I think the steroid issue with Giambi is overblown. He's apparently admitted to the usage, but more importantly, progressed forward with only the future in mind. This guy had been a stud of a slugger for a good number of years, so I believe that he's still got excellent production to give.

It really doesn't matter what the change in BA will be, or how large it will be - Giambi is more of a .300 hitter than a .208 hitter.

My league counts runs, walks, and OPS. I'm one of those guys who walks all over conservative play - I love players who have produced at high levels and come cheap on draft day due to these kinds of situations ;-D
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3315
(Past Year: -13)
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:16 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
because I don't think steroids give you a good eye, pitch selection, hand eye-coordination


this is barry bonds arguement and that statment is true. but what happens if you already have a good eye, pitch selection and hand eye-coordination and you add steriods? youre adding power, youre adding a mental edge and youre adding the ability to recover from injuries quicker.


Whats your point?

This doesn't at all help defend your assertions that you haven't been able to defend throughout this thread.


hahaha, are you serious? whats my point? my point is written right here. open your eyes and read it. so ill say it again;


so respond or dont.


What you are saying has nothing to do with defending the argument you were called out on earlier. Please attempt to explain some relevance.

Your argument has been Giambi wasn't hurt in 2003 because he played in a lot of games. Please go and prove that for us.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10559
(Past Year: -211)
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:39 am

I took Giambi in the 15th round of a draft the other night....and couldn't be happier with it... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9818
(Past Year: -3266)
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:19 am

blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
blankman wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
because I don't think steroids give you a good eye, pitch selection, hand eye-coordination


this is barry bonds arguement and that statment is true. but what happens if you already have a good eye, pitch selection and hand eye-coordination and you add steriods? youre adding power, youre adding a mental edge and youre adding the ability to recover from injuries quicker.


Whats your point?

This doesn't at all help defend your assertions that you haven't been able to defend throughout this thread.


hahaha, are you serious? whats my point? my point is written right here. open your eyes and read it. so ill say it again;


so respond or dont.


What you are saying has nothing to do with defending the argument you were called out on earlier. Please attempt to explain some relevance.

Your argument has been Giambi wasn't hurt in 2003 because he played in a lot of games. Please go and prove that for us.


im done with this man, ive stated why i believe giambi wont be a 300 - 30 -100 guy enough. youre probably the same guy who drafts ken griffey every year in the 9th round and gloats until the 3rd week of the season, and is ultimatly left with a dumb look on your face. so have fun with starting giambi and if youre correct more power to you.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3728
(Past Year: -29)
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron