Return to Baseball Leftovers

dodger infield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

dodger infield

Postby fan-addict » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:35 pm

the dodger infield was one of my favorite things about them the last coupla years. that quality defense really helped the pitching staff. now, just how much will the swap of cora and beltre for kent and valentine hurt the dodger pitchers roto-wise?
fan-addict
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:57 pm

well its obviously not gonna help the staff. i live in chicago and have watched jose valentine play god awful defense at SS for years.. for some reason the dodgers are expecting to be able to plug him in at third?! i predict jose lasts 2 months at thrid, theres no way he'll be able to get that job done.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -29)

Postby stumpak » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:14 pm

Valentin is not a lock, the expectation is that Nakamura, who is better defensively, will challenge him at 3rd.

But the combination of degraded defense and drastically reduced foul territory at Dodger Stadium makes me a little leary of Dodger pitching this season. We will see if the gospel that Dodger Stadium is a major pitcher's park still holds after this season.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:16 pm

stumpak wrote:Valentin is not a lock, the expectation is that Nakamura, who is better defensively, will challenge him at 3rd.

But the combination of degraded defense and drastically reduced foul territory at Dodger Stadium makes me a little leary of Dodger pitching this season. We will see if the gospel that Dodger Stadium is a major pitcher's park still holds after this season.

wow i never heard about them reducing foul territory. what kind of reduction are we talking here?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -29)

Postby stumpak » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Do a search--someone posted a pic in another thread. The picture makes it look pretty significant.

The defense and foul territory together would make me real reticent about someone like Lowe, since there is bound to be at least one joker in every draft who will draft him early on the assumption that he is going to some kind of pitcher's paradise.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers