Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank these outfielders

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank these outfielders

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:46 pm

Shawn green
moises alou
aaron rowand
dave roberts
Lance berkman
Garrett anderson
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4294
(Past Year: -53)
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby so0perspam » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:47 pm

GA
Berkman
Alou
Green
Rowand
Roberts
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8578
(Past Year: -75)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:48 pm

so0perspam wrote:GA
Berkman
Alou
Green
Rowand
Roberts

What he said. Just remember the first 4 are rather risky, as they are all either coming off injuries or old men.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6410
(Past Year: -16)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby cmchampa2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:50 pm

Garrett anderson: I love this guy. Quietly great.
Shawn green: Always underachieves, but just in case he doesn't...
dave roberts: I have a speed fetish.
Lance berkman: Easily #1 on this list if healthy.
aaron rowand: A lot of change around him, not completely proven
moises alou: I may regret this, but I think his #s fall considerably
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 134
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:51 pm

garrett
rowand
alou
roberts......


green
berkman is coming off a torn acl, i thought he was gonna miss some time but im not sure. either way i think hell need half the season to get sharp again.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3728
(Past Year: -29)
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby so0perspam » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:51 pm

cmchampa2 wrote:Garrett anderson: I love this guy. Quietly great.
Shawn green: Always underachieves, but just in case he doesn't...
dave roberts: I have a speed fetish.
Lance berkman: Easily #1 on this list if healthy.
aaron rowand: A lot of change around him, not completely proven
moises alou: I may regret this, but I think his #s fall considerably


How do your numbers fall when you bat behind Barry Bonds....
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8578
(Past Year: -75)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby cmchampa2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:02 pm

so0perspam wrote:
cmchampa2 wrote:Garrett anderson: I love this guy. Quietly great.
Shawn green: Always underachieves, but just in case he doesn't...
dave roberts: I have a speed fetish.
Lance berkman: Easily #1 on this list if healthy.
aaron rowand: A lot of change around him, not completely proven
moises alou: I may regret this, but I think his #s fall considerably


How do your numbers fall when you bat behind Barry Bonds....


Bonds certainly helps and that's a nice spot to be batting in. Add to that that I'm wrong almost 95% of the time, but here's my only arguments against Alou (and actually I do like him, just not a ton): Bonds is old and Alou is old so I don't see Alou actually batting behind Bonds more than 130-140 games tops. I don't think Alou is as spectular as the mammoth numbers he put up last year, and he's not hitting in Chicago anymore.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 134
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cmchampa2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Yes, I know "spectular" or whatever I said is not a word.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 134
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:09 pm

cmchampa2 wrote:Bonds certainly helps and that's a nice spot to be batting in. Add to that that I'm wrong almost 95% of the time, but here's my only arguments against Alou (and actually I do like him, just not a ton): Bonds is old and Alou is old so I don't see Alou actually batting behind Bonds more than 130-140 games tops. I don't think Alou is as spectular as the mammoth numbers he put up last year, and he's not hitting in Chicago anymore.


Bonds is old? That's not a valid argument. I'd bet my life he'll hit 40 HR and 95 RBI's once again while putting up a .340 BA, 110 runs, and a .550 OBP. Those numbers are rock solid, you can't deny that. He is a frickin monster, and a consistent one at that. Having a guy that has the highest OBP in the league = RBI opps galore. The ballpark argument is overshadowed by the fact that he goes from a .332 OBP Sammy Sosa K machine to Barry Bonds, a walk machine who gets on base 1/2 the time.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8578
(Past Year: -75)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby cmchampa2 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:16 pm

so0perspam wrote:
Bonds is old? That's not a valid argument. I'd bet my life he'll hit 40 HR and 95 RBI's once again while putting up a .340 BA, 110 runs, and a .550 OBP.


HA! I'm not trying to be a prick (yes I am, seriously), but if "Bonds is old" is not a valid argument, as you say, then "I'd bet my life" is not a valid argument. And we're a little off on what we're arguing about. I agree that hitting Bonds is better than hitting behind anyone else in baseball and I agree that Bonds will put up good numbers, but I don't think that means that Alou puts up the same or better numbers than he had last year. I only agree that Alou puts up better numbers hitting behind Bonds than he would have hitting behind anyone else, but that's not to say he has a monster year. I say Alou's numbers are good, but not better than any of the players on that list.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 134
(Past Year: -58)
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron