Return to Baseball Leftovers

Odd glitch on Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Odd glitch on Yahoo

Postby stomperrob » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:23 am

My league just drafted the other day and today (Fri) is the day the waivers go through. It's 1:00 AM and I was checking to see who I might put in a claim for and for some reason, only 5 batters and 7 pitchers are on waivers and the rest are all free agents. I tried picking one up and sure enough it went through without affecting my waiver position (no other team's transactions have gone through). Unfortunately, the other player I want is on waivers. Ever seen this happen before???
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -28)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:24 am

nope, but i'd take advantage of it , lol
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Odd glitch on Yahoo

Postby wrveres » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:31 am

stomperrob wrote:My league just drafted the other day and today (Fri) is the day the waivers go through. It's 1:00 AM and I was checking to see who I might put in a claim for and for some reason, only 5 batters and 7 pitchers are on waivers and the rest are all free agents. I tried picking one up and sure enough it went through without affecting my waiver position (no other team's transactions have gone through). Unfortunately, the other player I want is on waivers. Ever seen this happen before???
that is usually because there is or was a waiver claim on those players from another team. Not always, bu tthat is usually the case
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Sign of Eth » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:32 am

This is a small trick that I have taken advantage of for years. If nobody claims a player he'll become a free agent at about midnight. But if someone has claimed him, he'll stay on waivers for a couple more hours since most transactions don't get processed until after 2 am. This gives you a chance to pick up players without unnecessarily wasting waiver position.

The one catch is that if someone puts in a waiver claim and then cancels it, the player will remain on waivers until transactions are processed.
Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Odd glitch on Yahoo

Postby jpbusta » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:40 am

stomperrob wrote:My league just drafted the other day and today (Fri) is the day the waivers go through. It's 1:00 AM and I was checking to see who I might put in a claim for and for some reason, only 5 batters and 7 pitchers are on waivers and the rest are all free agents. I tried picking one up and sure enough it went through without affecting my waiver position (no other team's transactions have gone through). Unfortunately, the other player I want is on waivers. Ever seen this happen before???

A similar thing happen to me before. I dropped a player, and tried to pick him up on the same day through the ww. Sure enough, I picked him up and he was on my roster for the day after. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers