Return to Baseball Leftovers

All you need is love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:51 am

HOOTIE wrote:You have no idea the crap, him and his family have had to endure.

I would almost guarantee that 95% of the members of this cafe go through more hardships on a daily basis than Barry Bonds goes through in a week, so I could care less what he and his family have gone through in their twelve mansions. I don't understand what's so hard to get about people hating Barry Bonds because he is just a prick.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:56 am

kingctb27 wrote:The reason there is so much hate for is simply. Jealousy

what are we jealous of? his fame? money? then wouldnt we hate all professional athletes?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -29)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:57 am

No his clever use of flaxseed oil.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 am

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:You have no idea the crap, him and his family have had to endure.

I would almost guarantee that 95% of the members of this cafe go through more hardships on a daily basis than Barry Bonds goes through in a week, so I could care less what he and his family have gone through in their twelve mansions. I don't understand what's so hard to get about people hating Barry Bonds because he is just a prick.

There's more to life than money. I don't think any of us know what he's going through, or whether it's deserved or not. I know being an athlete - and one of the best ever to boot - has it's baggage but it doesn't mean he deserves all that's happened to him. He has been quite a jerk though (I probably would be too if I was hounded like he is).

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:03 am

How many of you are offended by all the hatemongers who boo and insult Kobe Bryant wherever he goes?
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:07 am

YANKS 04, i have to ask. Why do you say corked bats and spitballs are ok, yet roids are not? Cheating is cheating. There is no good or bad cheating. How you cheat, why you cheat, the results of your cheating are moot. Cheating of any kind is cheating.

To the comment on Bonds cheating on his wife. If you listen to players talk, there are few non cheating guys in the bigs. I'm not condoning it, just merely pointing out a fact, most of the public heros do some wrong things. Some guy named Jordan had a mistress. Yet he is and was loved. Be like Mike.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:08 am

Please..guys like Arod, Jeter, Sosa (until recently), Schilling, H. Matsui, Cal Ripken, Piazza and others have been media hounded just as much if not more at times ove rthe years. And while some may have had some issues and some (like Schilling) not as universally liked as others NO ONE outside of Pedro maybe and Albert Belle in recent years past is as throughly and completely as despised as is Bonds.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby Gang Green » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:09 am

LeBron James is a black man who is supremely gifted and is considered the best in his sport. Yet nary a bad word is said about him. Why? Because he is humble, mature beyond his years and media friendly. Bonds is incredibly arrogant, has half the maturity of LeBron even though he is twice LeBron's age and talks to the media acting as if he just sucked on a lemon. In short, he is a flaming jackass and it pisses people off. It's not misdirected anger, its reaction to his idiotic behavior.
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers