Return to Baseball Leftovers

All you need is love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:13 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Please..guys like Arod, Jeter, Sosa (until recently), Schilling, H. Matsui, Cal Ripken, Piazza and others have been media hounded just as much if not more at times ove rthe years. And while some may have had some issues and some (like Schilling) not as universally liked as others NO ONE outside of Pedro maybe and Albert Belle in recent years past is as throughly and completely as despised as is Bonds.

its funny a yankee fan would say pedro. cuz i think dont nationally you cant put poor pedro on the same plain as bonds and belle.

bonds, belle, romonowski, john starks anyone care to add.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:14 am

Hootie, I hear you. I don't hate Bonds, that's a strong word. But I believe he did steroids, and I'm very angry at him for tarnishing the game.

I'm also equally angry and Giambi, Big Mac and Sheff, too.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -93)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:15 am

kingctb27 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:The reason there is so much hate for is simply. Jealousy

what are we jealous of? his fame? money? then wouldnt we hate all professional athletes?

Umm, no...that he's better than every one else. Geez, give the guy a break.

micheal jordan, lebron james, peyton manning, randy johnson. theses guys are all the best, are they hated? you make no sense.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:17 am

HOOTIE wrote:YANKS 04, i have to ask. Why do you say corked bats and spitballs are ok, yet roids are not? Cheating is cheating. There is no good or bad cheating. How you cheat, why you cheat, the results of your cheating are moot. Cheating of any kind is cheating.

To the comment on Bonds cheating on his wife. If you listen to players talk, there are few non cheating guys in the bigs. I'm not condoning it, just merely pointing out a fact, most of the public heros do some wrong things. Some guy named Jordan had a mistress. Yet he is and was loved. Be like Mike.

That is like equating Jay walking with First Degree Murder. Or Tax cheating with Treason. I never said they are OK. But fact of the matter is petty cheating has been occurring in the game since its inception from stealing signs, to spitballs, to corked bats, to nails in bats, to superballs in bats, to catchers scuffing balls for pitchers, etc. So what? Gaylord Perry made a career out of it. Again so what? All minor transgressions in the grand scheme. You can not be arguing that a guy that thows a spitball is as on par with Balco Barry and his "vitamins"?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:17 am

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:How many of you are offended by all the hatemongers who boo and insult Kobe Bryant wherever he goes?

Roids versus rape? A crime against no one but the person himself, versus a crime against humanity. You decide.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:20 am

HOOTIE wrote:
FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:How many of you are offended by all the hatemongers who boo and insult Kobe Bryant wherever he goes?

Roids versus rape? A crime against no one but the person himself, versus a crime against humanity. You decide.

Yeah but Kobe wasn't convicted, so he just committed adultery just like your boy Barry.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:21 am

"Hate' may be a strong word that should probably be reserved for murderers, pedofiles, and guys like Hitler.

Bonds doesn't deserve to be hated, but I'll be damned if I'll feel the least bit sorry for him. He put himself into the position he is in. He is responsible for his actions just like everyone else in this country. He should quit pissin' and moanin about what he has brought upon himself.

At the end of the day, how bad can it be to be bonds? "Oh, that was a mean spirited interview. Let me go get in my $200,000 Bently and drive home to my 40,000 sq ft house to see my wife that should have divorced my arse and taken half of everything"
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:34 am

TheYanks04 wrote:That is like equating Jay walking with First Degree Murder. Or Tax cheating with Treason. I never said they are OK. But fact of the matter is petty cheating has been occurring in the game since its inception from stealing signs, to spitballs, to corked bats, to nails in bats, to superballs in bats, to catchers scuffing balls for pitchers, etc. So what? Gaylord Perry made a career out of it. Again so what? All minor transgressions in the grand scheme. You can not be arguing that a guy that thows a spitball is as on par with Balco Barry and his "vitamins"?

Minor transgressions? Do you know how many hrs Ruths corked bats helped? 1, 10, 50 more? Can you tell me how many hrs Bonds hit because of roids? 10 more, 50 more? Gaylord Perry made the HOF by throwing spitballs, grease balls , whatever. These are minor things? :-t Btw, how many more hrs did roids users Benito Santiago and Randy Velarde hit because of roids? They become worse. Cheating is cheating. There is no good or bad.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:39 am

Whatever...you want to give death penalties for parking tickets that is your right, though obviously few if any will agree with you as a proportional punishment is a basis of most legal systems. This is a pointless discussion and not worthy of further comment.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:39 am

HOOTIE wrote:Cheating is cheating. There is no good or bad.

riiiiiight... ;-7
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers