Return to Baseball Leftovers

All you need is love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All you need is love

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:16 am

HOOTIE wrote:Looking at the locked Bonds thread, it's so sad to see so much hate in the Cafe. There is enough hate in the world. Bonds has done nothing to be truly hated. Being surly, disliking a idiot media, taking roids, isn't a reason to be hated. Maybe if he had dumped his wife in a bay, shot his wife at dinner, molested some kids, he would be hateable. It's funny how people say Bonds is breaking cherished records, and he's not deserving. How sacred is Ruths 714 hrs? Corked bats, whoremongering, alcoholic, syphillis/gonorrhea poster child. What a man. What a great guy to have the record. Why doesn't the media ask Maris and Aaron if they ever popped greenies? Mantle was a legend, but in the end was a drunk. McGwire looked pitiful at the hearings. What a coward. So why is Bonds the only guy hated? I think Bonds handles it well. He should extend his middle finger to those who ask dumb questions. Some of you hate mongers throw stones at Bonds, yet you live in glass houses. You have no idea the crap, him and his family have had to endure. If Bonds does something truly bad, maybe then he should be hated. Until then, try being civil.



BRAVO ...

Image
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:27 am

has anybody ever noticed it is the same guys in our little group that spew the hate too ..

always the same three or four guys.
They never have anything to really add to the discussion. Its like its thier goal to turn anything Barry Bonds related into a bitch session.

Maybe a mod shuold say something to them.
actually, I think i will do a little research on a few of the posters and kick a letter off to Arlo. :-?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:33 am

wrveres wrote:has anybody ever noticed it is the same guys in our little group that spew the hate too ..

always the same three or four guys.
They never have anything to really add to the discussion. Its like its thier goal to turn anything Barry Bonds related into a bitch session.

Maybe a mod shuold say something to them.
actually, I think i will do a little research on a few of the posters and kick a letter off to Arlo. :-?


I got news for you chief, you don't add anything to the discussions yourself. You say the same freaking thing over and over and over again. It's either something about racism, calling other posters hypocrites or myself a racist, or asking about McGwire or Giambi just because they're white [and you call me a racist?]. Oh and how could I forget your little :-t , :-? , and :-o buddies. You're a hypocrite and racist yourself, but don't let that stop you with whatever you're trying to accomplish with your blind Bonds defense.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 848
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:33 am

HOOTIE, thanks ;-D

So Bonds says some stuff that pisses people off. He also allegedly (I'm not gonna convict him because I never saw him put a needle in his a**; but I do think that he probably used them knowingly) used steroids. I ask, so what?

Some of the things he's said do not make him out to be the nicest guy, but some people just dont represent themselves well with the things they say. From what I've heard from many of Bonds' teammates, I think that overall he is a good teammate and a good person. I also think he understands baseball history, and understands the magnitude of what he is doing.

I am very dissapointed that he used steroids, not because I want somebody to hate, but because I honestly think that he would have been almost as good without them. He is such a pure hitter that using steroids probably only helped him a bit.

As for what he said today/yesterday, I think he is just broken down. I know I would be if I just had 3 surgeries in 3 months and had to talk to the media every day. He has the most media traveling around behind him than any other person in history. ESPN has even designated a reporter (Pedro Gomez) exclusively to covering Bonds and nothing else.

Lebron vs Bonds: What? How can you compare them? They are entirely different cases. I like both of them, and love to watch both of them, but Lebron has nowhere near the media pressure on him as Bonds does, nor the accumulated pressure (from many years in sports) that Bonds does. Also, do you always judge people by what they say? Lawyers sure are smooth talkers, but we all know they are lying scumbags. :-D

Kobe vs Bonds: Again, what? How can you compare rape and steroids? Unless Bonds used his newfound strength to overpower a woman and rape her, then the two are completely separate. However, now that I think about it, they are actually pretty similar. Both are alleged offenders, but neither have yet been convicted. But yet both are hated by fans across the country.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3741
(Past Year: -4)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:37 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:Kobe vs Bonds: Again, what? How can you compare rape and steroids? Unless Bonds used his newfound strength to overpower a woman and rape her, then the two are completely separate. However, now that I think about it, they are actually pretty similar. Both are alleged offenders, but neither have yet been convicted. But yet both are hated by fans across the country.


I wasn't really comparing Kobe to Bonds, but rather I was merely trying to make a point. Most Bonds defenders would have zero problem pointing out that Kobe raped a woman and that's a much more serious offense than steroids, but he was never convicted and y'all are pretty adamant about there being nothing but circumstantial evidence against Bonds. So, I really just tried set a trap, but you clearly didn't fall for it since you yourself admit they are similar.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 848
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:46 am

Guys, let's all remember to keep the personal attacks out of this. Insulting people about this issue really wouldn't be worth getting yellow carded or banned from the site over, would it? Let's play nice. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 48715
(Past Year: -5140)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:48 am

hmmm ...

After getting his orginal racist replies deleted, something about needing to go eat more watermelon, chicken and cornbread .. we got this beauty of an attempt to impersonate a black man

on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:45 pm FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Oh I'm sorry is this better?
"It'th okay Donovan you did your betht and you'll get 'em nexsst time tiger! Please.


yeah, and I am the racist. ;-D

Just thought we should let all of your fans out there know your true colors.

Actually now the name "Fat Guy with a Mullet" seems some how fitting.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:08 am

Actually I was thinking about this the other day, in regards to the record book. I mean when it comes to modern medicine, modern day athletes at so much more of an advantage it shouldn't even matter.

A mean things like creatine, or blood analaysis for vitamen defiency, or even the infamous Cortizone shot that is taken by players every day, is just few of the "legal" things that a player can take to improve their overall game, health or what ever. Tony Gywnn used video tape to anaylaze every AB. How huge is that to be able to walk behind the dugout and analyze your every swing during a game. All of these things give a player a huge advantage over their predsecessors. Even something simple as weight training was voodoo for baseball players till about 25 years ago.

Also Hootie, I see you bring up greenies. Its funny to see the ********* pass it off like it is fricking MnM's. Its basically speed and very much illegal, but it doesn't suit there agruement now does it.

anyways,
hootie great subject matter, its just a shame that we are not allowed to have these type of discussions in here because when ever we do, the ********* come in and do everything in their power to destroy.

Hate


Hate


Hate

Hate


It take a lot of energy to Hate!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 am

wrveres wrote:hmmm ...

After getting his orginal racist replies deleted, something about needing to go eat more watermelon, chicken and cornbread .. we got this beauty of an attempt to impersonate a black man

on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:45 pm FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Oh I'm sorry is this better?
"It'th okay Donovan you did your betht and you'll get 'em nexsst time tiger! Please.


yeah, and I am the racist. ;-D

Just thought we should let all of your fans out there know your true colors.

Actually now the name "Fat Guy with a Mullet" seems some how fitting.


You're seriously crossing the line when you blatantly lie like this. I never said anything about cornbread, watermelon, and fried chicken so I have no clue where the HELL you're getting that from. Right after the game ended I said that Rush was right about him and I hoped he choked on his chicken corn chowder which was a shot at his comments during a pre-Super Bowl press conference that you obviously didn't see where he was pimping his stupid Campbell's Chunky Soup.

As for me supposedly imitating a black man with that quote, could you be any more wrong? That was a shot at you because you started in with the "scared" emoticon right after I wrote that and said I was too harsh or some crap, so I was trying to be effeminate as possible to mock what you had said which is why I prefaced it with "Oh I'm sorry is this better?".

Try again bud.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 848
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:26 am

Oh I see, so you were trying to impersonate ME as a black man? That some how makes it sooo much better. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

cron