Return to Baseball Leftovers

A letter to the SF Chronicle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A letter to the SF Chronicle

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:56 am

Here is a copy of a letter recently sent to every single person who works for the SF Chronicle Sports section. Editors, Reporters, copy guys, you name it. I think it is something like 75 some odd people.
I'll keep you all up to date on any feed back that crosses my path.

Its true actually, all you have to do is go back through your own archives. I know I did and it was gross. I could give numerous examples of you people race baiting him, even as recently as his last "Press Conference". The question was asked to him, “what is it like being a Black Man about to pass Ruth”. And when he gave his answer about being a black man, you conveniently forgot to include the question in your stories that you sent out to the world. It is always easiest to make Barry out to be a racist. Yep, when it comes to Barry Bonds, the SF Chronicle has been no better than any checkout counter tabloid for a number of years.

Actually, it is disgusting.

You all should be ashamed of yourself with some of the garbage you have written about the man. I can understand the news. But you all twist it in some corrosive way. The people working the BALCO scandal should be tarred and feathered. I challenge you to find any story in any paper across the country about Barry Bonds, that does not have the words, “as reported by the SF Chronicle”, embedded in it somewhere.
And that is just it...

“REPORTED”

You people are supposed to have some responsibility for the FACTS but you seem to look right passed those when it comes to Barry. Anything to twist that knife.

What is even more disgusting is you have no problems trying to make money off his name, with your "Bond's o' Meter" or whatever scheme you come up with to try to draw the fans to your newspaper and website, but then twist the knife in his back as soon as he is not looking.

If it were I, I would tell anybody working for the SF Chronicle where they could stick on a daily basis.
For some reason the words Hypocrite seems a step up for where you all have fallen too.

wrveres
San Diego
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Thrill » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:36 am

Nice letter. Interesting read. I'm curious of the feedback you'll get. :-?
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby free » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:58 am

i have no sympathy for bonds whatsoever :-t he's always been a jerk ever since he's come up just like mcguire. as far as i'm concerned he's brought all this on himself :-[ .
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -16)

Postby Mattingly's Mustache » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:06 pm

Barry was nice a player when he came up with the Pirates. Now he's a chemistry experiment. The guys is so juiced it's unbelievable. That's a FACT. Barry Bonds has been juicing for many years.
Mattingly's Mustache
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby xeifrank » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:13 pm

free wrote:i have no sympathy for bonds whatsoever :-t he's always been a jerk ever since he's come up just like mcguire. as far as i'm concerned he's brought all this on himself :-[ .

Agree. Bonds is a jerk, I wish him and his family good health and that's about it. Someone calling a newspaper disgusting? Go figure... aren't they all? Isn't that type of reporting how 99% of newspapers sell copies?

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: http://MLBMockDraftSoftware.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://dodgerSims.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://TheSoberAngels.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://XeiOnSports.blogspot.com/
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:14 pm

"right passed those"

should be "past"
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -6)

Postby benjapage » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:16 pm

i have respect for bonds as a player. as an individual...well, no one likes to hear rich guys whine.

also, too many echoes of aaron passing ruth are rattling around press rooms. it was a big deal then, and race was more relevant. ruth is not the hr king anymore; aaron is. the race perspective is not current.

i agree that the media prompts bonds to make public statement errors, but they do it because he always follows through, he always rewards them for their effort. the media is wrong to do that, but bonds is immature to perpetuate it.

a lot of people think bonds did steroids, and no one likes to see records fall to players operating on uneven playing fields. that's the issue. it's the only issue.

if you're bonds, and you didn't do steroids, just play the game. quit talking, and quit acting like you're defending yourself. it makes you look like you're hiding something. you're hurting your cause, and in my eyes, you're still innocent until proven guilty.

just. play. the. game.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Re: A letter to the SF Chronicle

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:39 pm

KolbSaves wrote:"right passed those"

should be "past"

and

wrveres wrote: You all should be ashamed of yourself

should be "yourselves"

You're right, the media does play the race card a little too much, but the SF chronicle is not the reason for Barry's current state. He brought this on himself. I never really bought into all the "Barry's a bad guy" talk before his recent statements. It's ridiculous for him to whine and cry about the media, claiming that they broke him. Forget that he used an illegal substance, or that he was unfaithful to his wife, it's the media's fault. B.S. And then claim that the media has made his kids cry??? OK, Barry. What about when your kids are crying at your funeral when you die an early death due to the harm you caused your body by using steroids??? If anyone's the hypocrite, it's Barry himself, not the SF chronicle.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby crapshooter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Why would you expect the press to be kind to Bonds? He's never been nice to them at all. You have to figure he just brought it all on himself
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -38)

Postby mbuser » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:42 pm

i can't imagine you will get any feedback -- you asked no direct questions and simply stated your opinion of their newspaper. if anything you will get a generic 'thanks for your feedback' reply
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers