Return to Baseball Leftovers

A letter to the SF Chronicle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:18 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm willing to bet if it were Jr. in this mess (a black man BTW) the media would be more forgiving if even by a little bit just because he is a nice guy with a great smile. It has nothing to do with race.


Yeah. ;-D
This is the same Cincinatti press that had Griffey break down in tears from all the BS they wrote about him, and that was from something as simple a bieng injured.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:22 pm

blankman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Mark my words.......The guy who will come out of this the best will be Giambi. In the end, everyone else will wish that they did what he did.


You're right, and I think we're already seeing it.


No doubt. Jason is the lone relative winner in this huge loser-fest.


I agree, that's the reason Giambi isn't being roasted as much. Plus the fact he is know a joke of his former self and people probably feel a little sorry for him. But him being upfront with the truth when no one else is is what keeps his head above the rest.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:25 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
blankman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Mark my words.......The guy who will come out of this the best will be Giambi. In the end, everyone else will wish that they did what he did.


You're right, and I think we're already seeing it.


No doubt. Jason is the lone relative winner in this huge loser-fest.


I agree, that's the reason Giambi isn't being roasted as much. Plus the fact he is know a joke of his former self and people probably feel a little sorry for him. But him being upfront with the truth when no one else is is what keeps his head above the rest.


Giambi has admitted nothing..

zip, none nada!

nothing!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 pm

wrveres wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm willing to bet if it were Jr. in this mess (a black man BTW) the media would be more forgiving if even by a little bit just because he is a nice guy with a great smile. It has nothing to do with race.


Yeah. ;-D
This is the same Cincinatti press that had Griffey break down in tears from all the BS they wrote about him, and that was from something as simple a bieng injured.


Simple as being injured? He has being injured for 5 years. I'm sure they are getting sick of him taking up thier payroll on the DL. That being said, he's not being beaten up by national media attention because of it. And actually, I'll even say this, scrap Griffey. Lets put out a guy almost in the exact position as Bonds yet not getting even close to the media attention about it.

What about Sheff? Sure he gets bad press, but not anywhere near Bonds' bad press. Sheff ignores the media for the most part and thats probably why they leave him alone. He leaves them alone they leave him alone. Like someone else has said, Bonds searches out the media just so he can bash them. If he can be a jerk and bash them then why can't they bash him? It's not about race, it's about him being a complete jackass. Not to mention the fact he blames then for the problems he created in his own life...even without steroids, how is it the medias fault he had a mistress?
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:43 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1936592

Now I know you wont believe it cause it uses the SF Cronicle as the source for the testimony. But like someone else has said, if it's not true then they would be facing severe lawsuits. Plus, Anderson's attorney basically said the testimony was true cause she wanted a dismissal if it came from the government.

Not to mention when it leaked Giambi held a press conference and apologized. What the hell was he appologizing for? Comeon dude you can't possibly be this delusional.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 792
(Past Year: -27)
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:00 pm

wrveres wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
blankman wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Mark my words.......The guy who will come out of this the best will be Giambi. In the end, everyone else will wish that they did what he did.


You're right, and I think we're already seeing it.


No doubt. Jason is the lone relative winner in this huge loser-fest.


I agree, that's the reason Giambi isn't being roasted as much. Plus the fact he is know a joke of his former self and people probably feel a little sorry for him. But him being upfront with the truth when no one else is is what keeps his head above the rest.


Giambi has admitted nothing..

zip, none nada!

nothing!


Right. Now where is that beachfront property in Iowa that I am buying?? ;-7 :-°

TheRawDAWG wrote:Now I know you wont believe it cause it uses the SF Cronicle as the source for the testimony. But like someone else has said, if it's not true then they would be facing severe lawsuits.


Very good point. If a media outlet leaked a false story about me doing something that could kill my career, you're damn sure that I would have an attorney in 1 day and a lawsuit filed the next. ;-)

I would love to see any of the leaked players say that what has been leaked is false. I have not. :-?
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:09 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
wrveres wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm willing to bet if it were Jr. in this mess (a black man BTW) the media would be more forgiving if even by a little bit just because he is a nice guy with a great smile. It has nothing to do with race.


Yeah. ;-D
This is the same Cincinatti press that had Griffey break down in tears from all the BS they wrote about him, and that was from something as simple a bieng injured.


Simple as being injured? He has being injured for 5 years. I'm sure they are getting sick of him taking up thier payroll on the DL. That being said, he's not being beaten up by national media attention because of it. And actually, I'll even say this, scrap Griffey. Lets put out a guy almost in the exact position as Bonds yet not getting even close to the media attention about it.

What about Sheff? Sure he gets bad press, but not anywhere near Bonds' bad press. Sheff ignores the media for the most part and thats probably why they leave him alone. He leaves them alone they leave him alone. Like someone else has said, Bonds searches out the media just so he can bash them. If he can be a jerk and bash them then why can't they bash him? It's not about race, it's about him being a complete jackass. Not to mention the fact he blames then for the problems he created in his own life...even without steroids, how is it the medias fault he had a mistress?


well I don't have time to get into this today, but ..

You know what Grand Juries are right? Its a one sided affair where you do not get to put up a defense.

Now we know only a few things about this lady.

A) We know she knew Barry Bonds and was probably even a girl friend for some time. But we don't know any sort of time period. We don't know if Barry had an "Affair" or just had a girl friend. Barry Bonds was very divorced for a number of years and the only reason you believe their was an "Affair" in the first place, is because the press fails to mention that Barry was "single" for any length of time. So even if he did have a realationship with this woman, that relationship could have ended long before he remarried. Did you ever think of that?

Overall I find her whole story quite funny.
A) The woman taped all of her phone conversations with Barry
B) She even saved all of the reciepts from any financial dealings with Barry.
C) She tried to sue Barry for money, but then realized she "wouldn't make enough" (her words), so she dropped the lawsuit and decided to write a book.
D) She went to Geraldo a month ago, but it was a non story then. She came off as a Gold digger on the interview. Geraldo went so far as to call her one.
F) The SF Chronicle did an interview with here month later and the next thing you know it is National Press again.
E) Then she was granted full immunity by a Federal Grand Jury so she can say what ever the hell she wants. Remember there is no cross examination in a grand jury. I can just imagine that leading questions bieng tossed at her!
F) What is going to sell her book right now better than that one little dirty word. .. "Steriods"


You've apparently accpted her "story".

But the sad part.
You don't see any of that in the press.


You see.
"She said Barry did steriods"


and of course the sheep believe it.
It must be true.
It was in the paper! ;-D

-------
Hey wanna have some fun?
click on the "immunity story link" above and see how many times you can count the words.

"SF Chronicle" :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tokugawa » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:09 pm

I wish the arguement about how steroids don't increase bat speed would stop. Steroids increase muscle mass, strenght, durability and speed. Yes, they do increase fast twitch muscles. Sure Bonds' has immense natural ability, but to say that steroids don't help him other than to hit for power are ridiculous. Because his muscles are faster and stronger, he can delay swinging on pitches until he has a good read, because even with delay he can make it too pitches, due to increased speed, that non-juiced palyers can't. There are a wide range of steroids used by athletes in many sports to help them with many different skills, to assume that Bonds is only taking Arnold Schwarznegger boby building, power ones is a sign of pure ignorance of the issue!
Tokugawa
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 167
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A letter to the SF Chronicle

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:11 pm

wrveres wrote:I challenge you to find any story in any paper across the country about Barry Bonds, that does not have the words, “as reported by the SF Chronicle”, embedded in it somewhere.


Not sure what your point is here. They had the grand jury testimony leaked to them so of course they're the only source. You seem to be faulting them for having information. Makes no sense.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5589
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:13 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I would love to see any of the leaked players say that what has been leaked is false. I have not. :-?


are you kidding me? 8-o 8-o

Bonds has said it was false, He has said from the begininng that he didn't take anything. And since its a "Legal" matter his lawyers have said it was false hundreds of times.

open your eyes 8-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31204
(Past Year: -313)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

cron