Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds fantasy value now ???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Bonds fantasy value now ???

Postby TreeRucker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:04 pm

I have my draft this weekend., big time players ., big prizes.....

where would u take bonds now?> if at all?

thanks
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Barry Bonds fantasy value now ???

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:15 pm

TreeRucker wrote:I have my draft this weekend., big time players ., big prizes.....

where would u take bonds now?> if at all?

thanks
don't draft him :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -6)

Postby TreeRucker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:35 pm

anyone else/> thanks
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:36 pm

I think he will be back. Assume he is back for the ASB, and pro-rate his stats for half a season. Then take everyone who is healthy for a whole season (as of now) and project them. When it comes to the point that Bonds in half a season is projecting higher than those with a full season, draft him. My guess? Around round 12-15. That said, I think he will be gone a lot sooner, and you should not take the risk much sooner than that.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I think he will be back. Assume he is back for the ASB, and pro-rate his stats for half a season. Then take everyone who is healthy for a whole season (as of now) and project them. When it comes to the point that Bonds in half a season is projecting higher than those with a full season, draft him. My guess? Around round 12-15. That said, I think he will be gone a lot sooner, and you should not take the risk much sooner than that.
that's why don't draft him, he'll be taken much sooner than his value this year :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -6)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:47 pm

curious_george_43545 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I think he will be back. Assume he is back for the ASB, and pro-rate his stats for half a season. Then take everyone who is healthy for a whole season (as of now) and project them. When it comes to the point that Bonds in half a season is projecting higher than those with a full season, draft him. My guess? Around round 12-15. That said, I think he will be gone a lot sooner, and you should not take the risk much sooner than that.
that's why don't draft him, he'll be taken much sooner than his value this year :-t

Blanket statements like "don't draft" don't help. If you think he will be out all year, then that is a viable reason to say don't draft him. Personally, I think he'll be back midseason. For these reasons, I say you should draft him, but only if you don't have to reach. If he happens to fall and your other option would be Cliff Floyd at that point in the draft - I'd draft Bonds in a heart beat. I'm not saying draft him over Garret Anderson or someone like that - but use your discretion.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby Irish » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:57 pm

H2H league I would take him in the 4th or 5th, just cause he will probably be money in the playoffs.

Roto I would avoid unless you have a lot of bench spots or can get him 8th or 9th.

That's just my opinion. I haven't had a mock recently to see where he goes.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby BritSox » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:04 pm

I'd take him if the rounds get into double figures and he's still there. And it's not right to compare him to those with half the stats if you think he returns at the ASB, as you can put him on the DL and play a replacement-level guy (or probably better as you'll have better than RL players on the bench) in his position for the first half.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -43)
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:08 pm

I'd let someone else take the risk that he comes back at mid-season, at some other point, or not at all. A blanket "do not draft" might not be helpful, but in this case there are too many unknowns to formulate a credible value for him. I'd say DO NOT DRAFT unless you are a pure gambler.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:54 pm

I would say avoid also. Unless he falls to flier country (rounds 12+) he is simply best left to some other owner to worry about.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers