Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chone Figgins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chone Figgins

Postby PresHabib » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:47 pm

Worst case scenario for Figgins...plays second bats 9th and loses his job once Adam Kennedy comes back.

Best case, plays second, still plays everyday once kennedy comes back, bats leadoff, and steals a lot of bases.

My question is what will happen to him once kennedy comes back, and how many steals will he get?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trazcon » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:39 am

Hopefully 90, may be a bit of a reach though...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pomplona's finest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:47 am

40 SBs

I have confidence that he'll keep his job once Kennedy returns, he can play several postions and should become a dependable fantasy commodity(though maybe not a 4th rounder ;-7 ). What I'm more worried about is if he'll bat leadoff...
AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -6)

Postby PresHabib » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:20 am

pomplona's finest wrote:40 SBs

I have confidence that he'll keep his job once Kennedy returns, he can play several postions and should become a dependable fantasy commodity(though maybe not a 4th rounder ;-7 ). What I'm more worried about is if he'll bat leadoff...

I was only concerned about him batting leadoff because i figured if not hed be hitting ninth, but i've seen a couple lineup cards from spring training that have him hitting 2 behind erstad, and many projections have him hitting leadoff.

Incidently, I am concerned because, I have a lineup projected to hit like 270 homers this year, which is great, but the won't steal any bases, which sucks. I've decided to trade Odalis Perez for Chone. If you're curious my roster is this:

C - Estrada
1b - Delgado, Sexson
2b - B. Boone, B. Roberts
3b - Glaus, Chipper
SS - Crosby, Berroa
OF - Manny, Burrell, Jenkins, Winn
SP - Sheets, Halladay, Javy Vasquez, Odalis Perez, Scott Kazmir, Joe Blanton, Doug Davis
RP - Lidge, Graves, L. Hawkins
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sign of Eth » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:53 am

Look for Chone to hit 9th to start the season. Erstad has been hitting leadoff all spring with DaVannon in the two hole.

When Kennedy returns, he's guaranteed his starting spot back. Even though Figgins can play a lot of positions, he'll have a hard time getting into the lineup everyday because he's be blocked everywhere. If everyone is healthy and plays to their potential, best case would be playing 4 or 5 times a week and getting about 30 steals.
Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PresHabib » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:15 am

Sign of Eth wrote:Look for Chone to hit 9th to start the season. Erstad has been hitting leadoff all spring with DaVannon in the two hole.

When Kennedy returns, he's guaranteed his starting spot back. Even though Figgins can play a lot of positions, he'll have a hard time getting into the lineup everyday because he's be blocked everywhere. If everyone is healthy and plays to their potential, best case would be playing 4 or 5 times a week and getting about 30 steals.

He has hit 9th this spring a couple times, but also has batted second.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby biffy44 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:21 am

Rototimes announced that Scioscia has decided that Figgins will hit 9th this season.

Will that screw his SB's? I have him but didn't really follow the guy.

Should I try and get a Brian Roberts or something because of playing time?
I had know Idea he could not be starting all year, I forgot about kennedy
biffy44
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby steve_0710 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 am

Do you really think Kennedy is "guaranteed" his job back?

Figgins batted .296 vs. .278 for Kennedy. OBP and SLG was a wash for both of them.
steve_0710
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:56 am

biffy44 wrote:Rototimes announced that Scioscia has decided that Figgins will hit 9th this season.

I'm interested in hearing why he wanted to do that...the guy hit almost .300 last year and has speed. If he hits 9th, he could lose a lot of chances to score and steal... :,-(

OK, so his OBP was like .350 last year. That's not so good. :-o

Man, that's the second guy I took that is getting the shaft in the batting order. :,-(
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:12 am

biffy44 wrote:Rototimes announced that Scioscia has decided that Figgins will hit 9th this season.

That sucks. Hopefully it won't last long. :-t

If Erstad gets injured things will return to normal.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers