Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gabe Gross

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gabe Gross

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 pm

Is this Kid gonna keep this up into the real season? Or is this just a result of Grapefruit league sub-par pitching.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -35)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lime » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:28 pm

He's been the best player out of everyone in baseball this spring. He isn't old by any means (25). He's a former first round draft pick. He's excelled at every level of minor league ball.

Take it all for what it's worth to you.

To me the biggest question is will he get the starting LF spot he's earned, or will he start the year in AAA as he was slated to before ST started.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -19)

Postby donny23 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:30 pm

I think it's a combo. He's a pretty good prospect, but he's also hitting against plenty of AAA pitching. If he does get the starting job early or at some point, I wouldn't count on anything too special yet.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pat1999 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:32 pm

dont count on him to start the season but do count on him to be starting by the end of the year. if catallanto johnson or wells gets hurt he looks like te first person to step in...also if hinske or koskie go down he might become the new dh....i think they should start him and ride his hot bat if he keeps it up for the rest of spring

jays suck anyone they should start grrooming him
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -16)

Postby io » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:45 pm

i think theres gonna be a trade at some point. maybe the grapefruit league has something to do with it, but it looks like he's a changed hitter (never hit hr's like this in the minors)

Gross made some adjustments over the winter and started to take what he calls "a positive stride" toward each pitch, instead of relying too much on his back leg.

from http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... TopStories
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers