3%
Moderate
52%
Agressive
45%

Total votes : 29

What is your risk tolerence? Defined below

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:00 pm

Conservative- You would rather draft a team of players that you know will produce year in and year out, however you will not pay alot for them because you know that they will never be a superstar. Normally someone that is a conservative investor will except a 8-10% return knowing that they only have a 5% risk given a players history and health.

Moderate- This owner would try to build a team of mixed players, however still try to avoid the very very risky players. A risk reward of 15% and 15% is where the moderate investor will be.

Agressive- This owner will fill his team with the majority of high risk high reward players. Alot of rookies and players coming back from injury would be the type of player this owner would have. They are always looking for the next Albert Pujols.

IT IS VERY EASY TO SAY THAT YOU ARE A MIX OF ALL THREE OF THESE TYPES BUT AS SOME OF YOU KNOW EVERYONE HAS A CERTAIN TOLERENCE FOR RISK AND REWARD AND WILL LEAN MORE TOWARD ONE OF THESE RISK THAN THE OTHERS.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:03 pm

I'm an aggressive player although I avoid rookies. My lineup is typically full of injury risks and super sleepers that were picked a round or two too early.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:04 pm

Moderate. I would specifically target guys like Wright, Mauer, K Rod (in the 7th, 8th and 4th rounds respectively) despite their relatively short track record and I think that fits in with what youre saying here. I'd also draft Giambi and Sosa in the middle rounds although only as backups, not as players to rely on.. I'd avoid Griffey, Kearns almost completely..
Last edited by Gwyddbwyll on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby so0perspam » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:04 pm

I'm moderate .... I don't like to take too many risks but will take one when I feel it's the right time.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -75)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:09 pm

I take some risks like Halladay and Burnett and Maggs this year comnig off injuries for example, and a few semi proven young guys, but I'm pretty moderate
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -6)

Postby stoner420 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:10 pm

im aggressive... check out this pts league team: so many risks...could kill me, could make me win easily:Johan Santana, Mark Prior, Fransisco Rodriguez, Kerry Wood, Aramis Ramirez, Juan Pierre, Mark Loretta, Magglio Ordonez, Javier Vazquez, Shingo Takatsu, Chris Carpenter, Akinori Otsuka, Chone Figgins, Jason Giambi, Coco Crisp, Austin Kearns, Joel Pinero, Dave Roberts, Dimitri Young, Ramon Hernandez, Cesar Izturis, John Thomson, Craig Monroe
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby lesgrant » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:16 pm

I'm moderate. I don't like flavor of the month players but I will take risks on guys coming off of down seasons and injuries - even ex-roiders if they have been able to stay injury free.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm moderate also. Balance is the key IMO. You have to hedge your bets.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:22 pm

I think in the off season I am going to spend some time writing articles and researching how fantasy baseball relates to everyday life and how we use numbers to accomplish other goals in life and their relationship to fantasy baseball. For instance:

Being a financial planner I would like to do a detailed analysis of how auction draft relate to economics and the investment world.

If anyone is willing to help me with this I would like to get a large sample of maybe 30 league and actually have the owner provide insite through out the whole season and at the end of the season show the results for each league.
Last edited by SHOCKandAWE on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)

Postby so0perspam » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:23 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:If anyone is willing to help me with this I would like to get a large sample of maybe 30 league and actually have the owner provide insite through out the whole season and at the end of the season show the results for each league.

Sure, why not.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -75)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers