Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bye Bye Sizemore

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bye Bye Sizemore

Postby Surfs up » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:54 pm

Looking like Sizemore will be packing his bags for the minors very soon. Gonzalez has pulled it off. He has fooled the Indians into starting him and shipping out the kid. I think I rememeber saying Sizemore would go down on another tread a couple of weeks ago.Not that I want to be right. Gonzalez is stealing time from somebody that wants to play.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobby Baseball » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:59 pm

Don't worry, Juan Gone will be on the DL before May.

Double Deuce Ranch
Bobby Baseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:13 pm

Oh I agree. He'll stub a toe or something stupid like that and be out 15 days. Then have a relapse mid season for another 15 days.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bselig » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:16 pm

I think Juan is a better fit with this team than Sizemore...his slugging percentage should be great behind Hafner's OBP
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:21 pm

Gonzalez is a hitter. No question about it. He could be a stud . But its hard to drive in runs sitting on the bench nursing an injury. Who knows. Maybe he realizes this could be his last hurrah. Maybe he will play 135-140 games. If he's there at the end of the draft and I have 2-5 dollars left and need a fifth outfielder I'll take a chance on him. What the hell. I just hate to such a waste of talent. he could have had such a great career.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bobby Baseball » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:23 am

Surprisingly, Juan Gone never gets mentioned in the steroids talk, but he exibits all the tell tale clues of a Bonds, Sosa, McGwire.

Double Deuce Ranch
Bobby Baseball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:23 am

Bobby Baseball wrote:Surprisingly, Juan Gone never gets mentioned in the steroids talk, but he exibits all the tell tale clues of a Bonds, Sosa, McGwire.

he's been so pathetic the last few years that nobody cares, just like nobody brings up Brady Anderson and roids except to laugh about him.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:42 am

If Sizemore does get sent down, it will be with the admonition not to buy any green bananas.
Juan will be gone soon enough.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:43 am

this was expected from the indians...they signed juan gone...so they have to give him a chance...not that i agree with it...but the indians don't need to rush sizemore...if juan gone plays well...good for them...if he struggles or hit the DL...then they can always call up sizemore.

juan gone hit a homer today...3rd of the spring. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby VaTribeFan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:26 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:this was expected from the indians...they signed juan gone...so they have to give him a chance...not that i agree with it...but the indians don't need to rush sizemore...if juan gone plays well...good for them...if he struggles or hit the DL...then they can always call up sizemore.

juan gone hit a homer today...3rd of the spring. :-)

I sure hope Juan Gone can stay healthy. He can provide some veteran leadership to the kids. We all saw how he played in C-Town previously. Will he come close to that? No way. If he stays (relatively) healthy, will he be better for the Tribe than Grady? Definitely. And this comes from a Sizemore owner in my money league.
VaTribeFan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers