Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is dropping TOO FAR in drafts youve seen...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby .38 Special » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:10 pm

looptid wrote:What's with the signature? Are you from Boston? Other than the fact that all four Frozen Four teams this year play in the WCHA, I've been told that you Boston guys know something about hockey. No self-respecting player would pick a fight with his helmet on. :-t

You can have your college hockey whatever.....I will take world series every time......wannabe.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugwump » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Berkman fell to the 11th, Furcal fell to the 12th, Dotel fell to the 18th...
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby brandnew » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:42 pm

Beltre, JD Drew, and John Smoltz. Smoltz is understandable, but he's a great high risk/reward guy. IF IF IF he can stay healthy, I think the best he can do is something like: 19-7 3.06 ERA 195 K's with a very nice WHIP. I'd take the chance on him in the 9th Round.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)

Postby duckbillgates » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 pm

Our league hasn't drafted yet, but if you would essentially count our six keepers as six rounds of drafting (which is flawed, since some guys just had a lot of good keeper candidates), the following people should not still be out there:
Adrian Beltre
Jim Thome
Juan Pierre
Mark Prior
I've also seen Blalock go anywhere from the second round to the seventh or eighth, where something right in between seems about right.
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:59 pm

Are you kidding me? Beltre & Prior not kept in a keeper?! Ha...
Last edited by brandnew on Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)

Postby Brade » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:07 am

my biggest bargain had to be getting michael young in round 7 of a 10-team espn league. don't know what everyone else was waiting for. (only reason I waited is that I already had jeter.) other bargains include kaz matsui in round 19, joe mauer in round 15. rich harden in round 12 could pan out nicely...
Brade
College Coach
College Coach

Postby looptid » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:16 am

.38 Special wrote:
looptid wrote:What's with the signature? Are you from Boston? Other than the fact that all four Frozen Four teams this year play in the WCHA, I've been told that you Boston guys know something about hockey. No self-respecting player would pick a fight with his helmet on. :-t

You can have your college hockey whatever.....I will take world series every time......wannabe.

I was alive in 87 and 91. Unless you're 87 years old I've got you beat. And what exactly do I want to be?
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby .38 Special » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:00 am

looptid wrote:
.38 Special wrote:

I was alive in 87 and 91. Unless you're 87 years old I've got you beat. And what exactly do I want to be?

You wannabe cool enough not to freak out about someones sig....but you cannot so you will continue to scour the net, and spread negativity. That's what people do who's teams are one losing season from being contracted. I see some pretty good Yankee sigs, do I like em no, do I say anything no. If you don't like my sig don't look at it.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby looptid » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 am

Freak out seems a bit off. I also don't see where the success or failure of either the Twins or Sox come into this. Did you chose that image completely at random? You're obviously communicating something. That someone responded to it is offensive?
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby .38 Special » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:13 am

looptid wrote:Far enough. Though I don't see where the success or failure of either the Twins or Sox come into this. And did you chose that image completely at random? You're obviously communicating something. That someone responded to it is offensive?

I simply stated that because you seemed to be bashing me since I was a Boston fan. I have no issue with the Twins, and was saddened when the league considered contracting them. That being said, my sig was created for me, to my likings. It communicates what the Yankee/Boston rivalry is to me. Hence my sig. You question why the Twins and Red Sox were brought into this, yet you are the one who started this jab with comments about NCAA hockey (wich I care nothing about.) I am not going to hi jack this poor guys thread anymore then what has been done. If you have sig complaints speak to a Mod, or go file it in the Sig section. Don't hi jack someone elses thread.

I apologize to every for this waste of time and the memory usage for this exchange.
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers