Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dusty Baker is a MORON!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dusty Baker is a MORON!!!!

Postby jdh » Sat May 10, 2003 4:20 pm

What manager in their right sense of mind would think letting Wood throw 141 pitches is a good idea? That is beyond ridiculous to let any pitcher do that, let alone one with a history of serious arm trouble. I am now seriously considering trying to trade Wood for Mulder, Hudson, Morris, or another comparable pitcher on a team whose manager knows what they are doing. I would suggest people having Wood, Prior or Clement try to do the same because Baker is as idiotic as Torborg if not worse.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

borowski!

Postby bman » Sat May 10, 2003 4:49 pm

uh oh! he finally blew a save..........kerry doesn't get the win, and alfonseca gets one step closer to getting his job back. I have him stashed on my DL still, do you think its worth it?
bman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Sat May 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Yeah, with the way Alfonseca has pitched since he came back, and Borowski choking today, it's only a matter of time before Alfie is back in the closer's role. One more screwup by Borowski will likely do it.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jdh » Sat May 10, 2003 4:54 pm

I had both Williams and Wood going today and I feel really snakebit right now. If Borowski just could have done his job, I would have gotten a win from Wood and a complete game from Williams. Now, I get no complete game and no win from either of them, although I do get 15 innings with only 3 runs allowed and 17 K's.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jebatzel » Sat May 10, 2003 4:59 pm

Don't forget

"Rod Beck - R - Chicago Cubs

May 10
Rod Beck struck out five in 1 1/3 scoreless innings yesterday for Triple-A Iowa.
It's hard to believe that Beck remains in the minors. He's allowed two runs -- one earned -- and 12 hits in 22 innings for Iowa." http://www.rotoworld.com

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -1)

Postby CRedsFan » Sat May 10, 2003 5:06 pm

jebatzel wrote:
Rod Beck struck out five in 1 1/3 scoreless innings yesterday for Triple-A Iowa.

JB

How did he do that?
CRedsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby R-Tehst » Sat May 10, 2003 5:06 pm

jebatzel wrote:Don't forget

"Rod Beck - R - Chicago Cubs

May 10
It's hard to believe that Beck remains in the minors. He's allowed two runs -- one earned -- and 12 hits in 22 innings for Iowa." http://www.rotoworld.com

JB

How do u strike out 5 in 1 and 1/3 innings?
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Sat May 10, 2003 5:08 pm

It is possible to strike out more than 3 in the inning, if you strike out someone and the catcher gets a passed ball, and the runner outruns the throw to first. That would count as a strikeout and a passed ball.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby R-Tehst » Sat May 10, 2003 5:12 pm

jdh wrote:It is possible to strike out more than 3 in the inning, if you strike out someone and the catcher gets a passed ball, and the runner outruns the throw to first. That would count as a strikeout and a passed ball.

oh, I see. I still don't like the idea of sriking out more than 3 in an inning, creepy.
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jebatzel » Sat May 10, 2003 5:28 pm

Beck had 51 saves back in 1998 btw.

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic