Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ensberg

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:22 pm

Ensberg also pisses me off like no one else. Well, maybe one person. Or two. Trading for Bonds right before he got injured hurt, as did trading for Curt Schilling.

However, the two most painful experiences were drafting both Willis and Ensberg extremely late, only to trade Willis and drop Ensberg in favor of Vinny freaking Castilla after the first two weeks of the season. These events have turned my season to dust and it's only June. :~(
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:36 am

RAmst23 wrote:Don't forget Morgan is in Colorado right now, but yes one of the top values in all of FB right now. He's stepped in and is killing the ball for me.

And he's going to Cincinnati next B-)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -3)

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:22 pm

I felt like he could have a good year this year, but I can't blame people that doubted him. If I recall correctly, he (or the Astros) didn't divulge his supposed nagging injury until wayyyy late. When you say there was an injury AFTER the fact, there's always that doubt that maybe it's a load of bull.

It's amazing how much that injury totally sapped his power last year.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -1)

Postby kcs261 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:41 pm

I picked up Ensberg a month ago. Man, did that pay off. I wish I could say I thought he'd be this good, but I didn't.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers