Return to Baseball Leftovers

jerome williams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

jerome williams

Postby spamnon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:29 pm

I had him on my list of sleepers this year. A breakout candidate like last year's peavy/ollie perez/sheets. The guy holds a 17-12 career record with an ERA under 4, and I think he is 3-0 against Randy Johnson. Well I was gone all weekend and notice he pitched in relief for Schmidt on Saturday. What's up with that? He pitched well his first start, I don't see why he would come out of the bullpen. Is he not starting anymore? I haven't heard anything about it, so I am not sure if should cut him loose. Any thoughts? I was actually expecting a huge season from him, not sure about that anymore.
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby King Tim » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:39 pm

Hold on to him. Since he is the #5, they skipped his turn in the rotation this week with the off days. I believe he has 2 starts next week, the first being on Tuesday. I absolutely love this guy and his potential. He has that competitive IT that a pitcher needs. No need to worry
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby spamnon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:48 pm

KT - thanks for the response. I am glad someone else has confidence in jerome. any reason he is the fifth starter? After Schmidt I think their next 4 are up in the air. Sure Lowry has been great, but Rueter and Tomko? Jerome should be pitching 3 or 4, not 5! hopefully everything pans out during the season.
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby King Tim » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:53 pm

He will be the Giants #2 by the end of the season. I think the family problems (parents illness) the past year or so have messed with his focus. This guy will be a stud.......and he is still very young so expect some up and downs for a little bit
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers