Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ichiro is leading the majors in SB's....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ichiro is leading the majors in SB's....

Postby uwnick2005 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:40 pm

Most people projected Ichiro with SB numbers similar to last year. However, it is looking more and more like he will be flirting with 50 stolen bags this season.

How does this change Ichiro's value? By most accounts, he was considered an early second round pick, should he now be considered a first round guy when talking trades?
uwnick2005 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:04 pm

I pegged Ichiro for less steals than last year assuming he'd get on base less this year and would have less reason to run with Beltre and Sexson behind him.

Boy I was wrong. If Ichiro steals 50 bases and bats .350+, he's worthy of a late first round pick.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -11)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:07 pm

bleach168 wrote:I pegged Ichiro for less steals than last year assuming he'd get on base less this year and would have less reason to run with Beltre and Sexson behind him.

Boy I was wrong. If Ichiro steals 50 bases and bats .350+, he's worthy of a late first round pick.

If he leads the league in steals and bats .360+, I'd argue he's an early first round pick (factor in his runs also). 8-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby SoxWillNeverWinAgain » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:11 pm

His runs are matching his games played at the moment.. Ichiro's not screwing around this year, barring injury he'll do something that hasn't been done. Ichiro's a first rounder (My first pick actually) no question. Especially in my h2h league that counts singles as a category ;-D
SoxWillNeverWinAgain
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:13 pm

slomo007 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:I pegged Ichiro for less steals than last year assuming he'd get on base less this year and would have less reason to run with Beltre and Sexson behind him.

If he leads the league in steals and bats .360+, I'd argue he's an early first round pick (factor in his runs also). 8-o

Yep if Ichiro gets to 50SB IMO he's a mid first rounder.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -52)

Postby iversonxp » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm

ichiros the man. with 400avg+50sb,
not a first rounder? hmm.
iversonxp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:20 pm

I said it many times before but I thought that with the new lineup in Seattle that Ichiro would finish the season in the top three hitters for standard 5X5 hitting. But it's still early. Once Beltre is healthy and hitting Ichiro will probably steal less - he's a smart guy and is doing whatever is in the team's best interest.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Postby matdemos » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Is Beltre playing banged up? I have him on a couple teams and I was just thinking he was just playing...badly. Anyway, I think 130 runs, 40-50 SB and a robust .350 is mid-to-late 1st round value for sure.
matdemos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:19 pm

matdemos wrote:Is Beltre playing banged up? I have him on a couple teams and I was just thinking he was just playing...badly. Anyway, I think 130 runs, 40-50 SB and a robust .350 is mid-to-late 1st round value for sure.

Sorry to break it to you but he's had a bad back for about a week and hasn't hit well since the injury. I have him on a couple of teams myself.

Sportsline wrote:Adrian Beltre (back) was able to play each of the three games in the weekend series at Chicago White Sox. His best game was on Sunday when he was 1-for-4 with two RBI.
(Updated 04/18/2005).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:27 pm

This is only because Brian Roberts doesn't play until tonight :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers