Teixeira ...

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J Allman
T-Ball Trainer

Teixeira ...

Post by J Allman »

is anyone else getting really annoyed with this guy? I am tempted to pick up a hitter off the waiver wire and let Konerko play first instead of utility. I am scared Teixeira will go off though.....any sugggestions on what to do with this guy?
slomo007
T-Ball Trainer

Post by slomo007 »

You can bench him if you want...don't even think about selling low or even cutting him though. He's a stud, and will catch fire soon enough. ;-D
go_jays_go
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: [size=85]
[b]Stats - R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, K's, ERA, WHIP, Saves[/b][/size]

[b]C- Brian McCann
1B- Richie Sexson
2B- Howie Kendrick
3B- David Wright
SS- Michael Young
IF- Mike Lowell
OF- Vlad Guerrero
OF- Ichiro Suzuki
OF- Nick Markakis
OF- Michael Bourn
UTIL- JJ Hardy
UTIL- Melky Cabrera

SP- Dan Haren
SP- Justin Verlander
RP- Trevor Hoffman
RP- Eric Gagne
P- John Smoltz
P- Matt Cain
P- Dustin McGowan
P- Ian Snell

B- Brandon Lyon
B- Evan Longoria
B- Freddy Sanchez
B- Scott Rolen
B- Tom Gorzelanny
B- Ty Wigginton[/b]

Post by go_jays_go »

slomo007 wrote:You can bench him if you want...don't even think about selling low or even cutting him though. He's a stud, and will catch fire soon enough. ;-D

Couldn't have said it any better. This guy is starter material and you should leave him on, because it's just a matter of an A/B before he starts tearing it apart.
loophole21
T-Ball Trainer

Post by loophole21 »

Theres nothing wrong with benching a stud when he is cold, I do it all the time. That said you shouldnt give up on a guy this early in the season.
Irish
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C: Martinez
1B: Teixera
2B: Hall
3B: Rolen
SS: Tejada
OF: Vlad, G. Anderson, Crawford
Util: Huff, Helton

SP: RJ, Prior, Ol. Perez, Penny, Patterson, Haren, Lackey
RP: Dempster, Walker, Street, T. Jones

Post by Irish »

I cut him last season a little past mid-point (YES I KNOW I"M RETARDED), as he progressed to go on that 8 HR week and crazy from then on.

Just a reminder that he started very slow last year and he might just be one of those guys. Treat him like Thome.

If you don't want to start him on the road right now I understand, but I won't stop starting him at Texas, that's just crazy talk. X-I
thebudguy
T-Ball Trainer

Post by thebudguy »

I am annoyed I have him C.Lee and Wells as starters and they have had me biting my fingernails!
CubsFan7724
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by CubsFan7724 »

He'll hit better as it gets warmer. May be a classic slow starter, but its a little early to say that.
baseballnewb
T-Ball Trainer

Post by baseballnewb »

It concerns me some, he had one monster month last year and the rest of the season was good but not great. I could seriously see him hitting like 270 with 30 HR for the year. Of course I got him in the late 3rd round of our draft so even if he slips a little he was worth it.
hybrid
T-Ball Trainer

Post by hybrid »

He is one of your typical streaky young power hitters, he could go on a tear any moment.
jayman
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/DerrekLee/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]
Thanks go_jays_go for the awesome sig!

Post by jayman »

there is no way in the world you drop this guy. you can trade him at this point without trading low. but, i would keep him and wait it out.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”