Should I be annoyed? Questionable behavior in a league.

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

davidmarver
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [u]FBC/FFC Cafe Challenge[/u]
[i]12 Team 5x5 Roto[/i]
C - A.J. Pierzynski
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Howie Kendrick
SS - Miguel Tejada
3B - Alex Gordon
OF - Manny Ramirez
OF - Rocco Baldelli
OF - Dave Roberts
UT - Jason Giambi

B - Ryan Freel
B - Scott Podsednik
B - B.J. Upton

P - Carlos Zambrano
P - B.J. Ryan
P - Scott Kazmir
P - Randy Johnson
P - Erik Bedard
P - Mike Mussina
P - Josh Beckett
P - Chuck James

Post by davidmarver »

Seriously, pro has a reason to be ticked off. Right now, it's like the other manager has two teams. How do expect a newbie to learn how to play fantasy baseball if he doesnt learn from his mistakes? I'd be pissed if I was pro.
great gretzky
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: posada, berkman, roberts, atkins, rollins, LF-Ibanez, CF-Sizemore, RF-Vlad Util- Helton, Util--McLouth. Bench: F. Thomas, P. Polanco

chris young, shields, billingsley, burnett, harden, oliver perez, mcgowan, and soon to be cueto.

nathan, f. cordero, neshek, rauch, heilman.

10 teams.

Post by great gretzky »

frankly, in a competitive league, you wouldn't have gotten him anyway. The number one waiver team is the one that barring something strange, WOULD have picked him up.

Your friend pointing this out blocks you, but in a way he did the league a service too.

I see that guys point, you WERE hoping to benefit from this guys ignorance OR ...

You are interpreting that this guy is out to get you. But I don't think it is a dick move to ensure that you don't get an advantage you wouldn't have otherwise had.

I have been in leagues where if a name player has gotten dropped, I have seen people add/drop to get said players name off of the main transactions page. I think it is in everyone' intwerest that people don't get impact players in a cheap manner.
proninja
T-Ball Trainer

Post by proninja »

davidmarver wrote:Seriously, pro has a reason to be ticked off. Right now, it's like the other manager has two teams. How do expect a newbie to learn how to play fantasy baseball if he doesnt learn from his mistakes? I'd be pissed if I was pro.

I think I can sum up the general consensus.

#1 - Nobody here would be especially proud of doing what my friend did.
#2 - What he did wasn't illegal, and it's split about 50/50 on whether it was a move or a savvy move
#3 - There's no consensus right or wrong
#4 - Francis the Mute should stick to his username :)
bleach168
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bleach168 »

moves and savvy moves are not mutually exclusive.
Payne Dailey
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Payne Dailey »

#5 The manager with the number 2 priority would have picked him up

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”