Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian Roberts - Ricky Hendrson revisited????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:55 pm

The comparisons to top players like Vlad and Arod are ridiculous and have been made by one guy in this thread. Id say Jayman is a little bitter about Brian Roberts. My guess is he traded him preseason or let the guy get away in the draft....
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:11 pm

I think Roberts is A LOT better than people give him credit for. If he is still hitting and running like this in May, then I will be a true believer. Until then, he will be lucky to hit 20 HR.

I would definitely hang onto him right now though. No reason to sell him high since we don't know whether he is for real or not. Just enjoy the ride.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Frances The Mute » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:16 pm

no, no, no. I meant comparing him to someone that went 40/40 or there abouts is a better comparison of what this hot begining could lead too than to ricky hendersons 100 stolen bases, because roberts isnt even on pace for that. He's rampaging towards 40/40 not 100 sb thats all i meant. Even the haters can agree on that.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby matdemos » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:21 pm

Yoda wrote:I think Roberts is A LOT better than people give him credit for. If he is still hitting and running like this in May, then I will be a true believer. Until then, he will be lucky to hit 20 HR.

I would definitely hang onto him right now though. No reason to sell him high since we don't know whether he is for real or not. Just enjoy the ride.

Wise, this one is. Selling Roberts high, even if you are a doubter, is perilous because pretty much everyone who doesn't own him is a doubter too, and thus they won't give you as much value as he is currently worth on your own roster. Holy run-on sentence, Batman...
matdemos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers