Return to Baseball Leftovers

Middle Reliever Help please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Middle Reliever Help please

Postby Sandman of Endless » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:10 pm

I am in a 16 team 22 man roster H2H points league. One of the positions is a middle reliever. I have Linebrink of SD. I realize so far that we are just in the 3rd week, but I was wondering about keeping him or picking up one of the following 3 MRs available.

So far Linebrink has 24 pts in 4.2 IPs

Rhodes - Cleveland 50 pts in 7.0 IPs
Street - Oakland 38 pts in 7.0 IPs
Madson - Philly 38 pts in 6.0 IPs

I am looking for the whole season. Any and all opinions is appreciated.
Sandman of Endless
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 192
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Dream World

Postby Paco625 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:20 pm

I would go with Huston Street. There is a chance that the A's will trade Dotel. Street is their closer of the future, and the future may be very soon.
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 478
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Middle Reliever Help please

Postby BritSox » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Sandman of Endless wrote:I am in a 16 team 22 man roster H2H points league. One of the positions is a middle reliever. I have Linebrink of SD. I realize so far that we are just in the 3rd week, but I was wondering about keeping him or picking up one of the following 3 MRs available.

So far Linebrink has 24 pts in 4.2 IPs

Rhodes - Cleveland 50 pts in 7.0 IPs
Street - Oakland 38 pts in 7.0 IPs
Madson - Philly 38 pts in 6.0 IPs

I am looking for the whole season. Any and all opinions is appreciated.


Look at the IP. Linebrink is barely behind Street or Madson at all on pts/IP, and it's a very small sample size.

Linebrink: 5.1 pts/inning
Street: 5.4 pts/inning
Madson 6.3 pts/inning

I'm guessing Holds is a category too? In which case, the lack of run support Linebrink's got from the Pads in the last few games makes it understandable. I'm guessing at least one of the others has at least one win, which is basically luck.

I think I'd stand pat. :-)
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5180
(Past Year: -43)
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Sandman of Endless » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:34 pm

Yes holds = saves at 5 points. All 3 MRs listed each have a win. However, Street has 11 Ks compared to Linebrinks 4 Ks.

So far the long haul do I stay with Linebrink or chance Street?

Thanks again.
Sandman of Endless
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 192
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Dream World

Postby free » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:40 pm

linebrink is your man for this season :-)
Image
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 825
(Past Year: -16)
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Postby Q » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:20 pm

I wrote an article on middle relievers that might help you.
http://www.diamondgurus.com/holds.html
Q
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 635
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:06 am

I would stand pat unless it is a keeper league...which I've forgotten already what you have said if it is or not.......If it is a keeper I would go with Street....he is gonna be a closer so he is the way to go...PLUS HE IS PRETTY GOOD ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8224
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Postby agchris02 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:27 am

Paco625 wrote:I would go with Huston Street. There is a chance that the A's will trade Dotel. Street is their closer of the future, and the future may be very soon.


If MR is a spot, this is precisely why you DONT want street

I think linebrink is your man as wel :)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1562
Joined: 30 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dallas Tx

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:33 am

agchris02 wrote:
Paco625 wrote:I would go with Huston Street. There is a chance that the A's will trade Dotel. Street is their closer of the future, and the future may be very soon.


If MR is a spot, this is precisely why you DONT want street

I think linebrink is your man as wel :)



????????????????????????


You can't turn down a closer.....regardless of the circumstances.

A closer is gold in fantasy baseball...if you need saves then you get your man....if you don't need saves....then you are guaranteed that someone else in your league does and you can trade him for more than he his really worth.

Grab Street...he has more value than Linebrink....although I just pickedup Scotty in my NL only league.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8224
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

cron