Wood

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Iconoclastic
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Iconoclastic »

After watching a few of his games I think Kerry is the kind of pitcher who thrives on adrenaline. He pitches better in a close game and worse in a blowout when he loses focus. If only I could figure out which games were blowouts
WhosBabeRuth
T-Ball Trainer

Post by WhosBabeRuth »

BigLebowski wrote:
Big Game JLo wrote:
...if you want Wood, now is the time...

I don't think it's ever a bad time to have Wood. :*)

Tell that to Michael Jackson.

Sorry! :-o

YOU ARE THE MAN! That was the funniest thing i've heard in a while!!! That was awesome
SD235
T-Ball Trainer

Post by SD235 »

I just picked up Wood on the waiver wire and I dropped Tim Worrell for him. This was in a 15 team league by the way. :-D
ramble2
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: C Posada
1B M. Cabrera
2B Phillips
3B C. Davis
SS Jeter
OF Hunter
OF BJ Upton
OF Pence
UT Butler
BN Beltran, Hawpe, C. Gonzalez, B. Wood, B. Crosby

SP Lincecum
SP J. Johnson
SP Slowey
RP Soria
RP R. Soriano
RP Liriano
P Hudson
P Cueto
P Strasburg
BN Joba, C. Perez

Post by ramble2 »

BigLebowski wrote:
ramble2 wrote:Hmm, that's funny. I was just trying to figure out who I could get if I traded away Wood! In fact, I was offered Mota and R. Lopez and asked the cafe for advice. The advice was to hold onto Wood.

I'm usually very good about being patient with players, but Wood has me in full panic mode. I'm thinking about sitting him until he starts pitching well. :-o

The fact that I was even considering trading him for Mota & Lopez means that if you want Wood, now is the time to make the offer.

This is a quandry to me.....

I am NO FAN of Mota and have said he will be a bust..

That said that saves he may give you(before he loses his job) may make that deal worth it.....again depending on your needs.

While I think Wood has value, I just think he is over-rated in most leagues.

Hmm, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about the latest offer I received. click on over if you would!
Q
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Q »

Give him some time. He didnt have a spring training and still has to find his control. If he does he can be one of the top pitchers in baseball.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”