Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Iconoclastic » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:15 am

After watching a few of his games I think Kerry is the kind of pitcher who thrives on adrenaline. He pitches better in a close game and worse in a blowout when he loses focus. If only I could figure out which games were blowouts
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhosBabeRuth » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:25 am

BigLebowski wrote:
Big Game JLo wrote:
...if you want Wood, now is the time...

I don't think it's ever a bad time to have Wood. :*)

Tell that to Michael Jackson.

Sorry! :-o

YOU ARE THE MAN! That was the funniest thing i've heard in a while!!! That was awesome
WhosBabeRuth
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby SD235 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:44 am

I just picked up Wood on the waiver wire and I dropped Tim Worrell for him. This was in a 15 team league by the way. :-D
SD235
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ramble2 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:20 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
ramble2 wrote:Hmm, that's funny. I was just trying to figure out who I could get if I traded away Wood! In fact, I was offered Mota and R. Lopez and asked the cafe for advice. The advice was to hold onto Wood.

I'm usually very good about being patient with players, but Wood has me in full panic mode. I'm thinking about sitting him until he starts pitching well. :-o

The fact that I was even considering trading him for Mota & Lopez means that if you want Wood, now is the time to make the offer.

This is a quandry to me.....

I am NO FAN of Mota and have said he will be a bust..

That said that saves he may give you(before he loses his job) may make that deal worth it.....again depending on your needs.

While I think Wood has value, I just think he is over-rated in most leagues.

Hmm, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about the latest offer I received. click on over if you would!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Postby Q » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:40 pm

Give him some time. He didnt have a spring training and still has to find his control. If he does he can be one of the top pitchers in baseball.
Q
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers