Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Piazza or Posada have a day-off schedule?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does Piazza or Posada have a day-off schedule?

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:34 pm

I've got both of them, and I've had a few days already when the one in my starting lineup doesn't play while the other does.

Anyone know which pitchers they don't catch, or when they take scheduled days off? 3 games in 3 days, etc?
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CPHFighter1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:37 pm

It sounds like Torre is going to use John Flaherty when Kevin Brown is pitching. Expect around 400-450 ABs from Posada.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby bselig » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:39 pm

piazza supposedly gets day games after night games off...but that isn't always the case. however, if he happens not to get a day game after a night game off it seems like there's a decent chance he'll get the NEXT game after that off - but you should definitely always be wary of him not starting when he has a day game after a night game
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby d18Mike » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:46 pm

I had Posada last year and his days off were completely random and seemed far too frequent compared to other catchers.

If they make him Brown's catcher, that's great. That would make life easier from a planning standpoint. No such luck last year.

The "problem" with Posada is that the Yankees are so loaded that they won't move him to DH on off days (see Pudge, Tigers). So he just sits. Unquestionably better for his long term health -- not so good for your team!
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Return to Baseball Leftovers