Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Brantleyism To Date

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:44 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Rirruto wrote:Add Michael Kay and Fran Healy to that list.

I used to love Michael Kay on the radio. But since he's been on YES, he sucks. He seems full of himself and just ends up wearing on your nerves.

His stupid jokes make me wanna punch him in the face also, he's not funny at all and he should just stop trying to be.

It's funny how many people feel that way about Kay. It's also very odd how different he is now, compared to when he was with Sterling. I still miss those days, although I dug Sterling and Steiner too.

Who's Fran Healy?

You know who else needs to get hit by a bus? Joe Theismann. Ugh, he's so dumb.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -178)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:11 pm

WharfRat wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Rirruto wrote:Add Michael Kay and Fran Healy to that list.

I used to love Michael Kay on the radio. But since he's been on YES, he sucks. He seems full of himself and just ends up wearing on your nerves.

His stupid jokes make me wanna punch him in the face also, he's not funny at all and he should just stop trying to be.

It's funny how many people feel that way about Kay. It's also very odd how different he is now, compared to when he was with Sterling. I still miss those days, although I dug Sterling and Steiner too.

Who's Fran Healy?

You know who else needs to get hit by a bus? Joe Theismann. Ugh, he's so dumb.

I don't watch the Sunday Night football game on ESPN because that entire crew, including Theismann, is the dumbest collection of individuals ever assembled to announce any professional sporting event. (And I think they all have affairs with Ron Mexico (aka Michael Vick).)
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -33)

Postby mtarail » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Brantley's bad. Real bad. But for my money there is no worse announcer/commentator around than McCarver.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:42 pm

McCarver is easily the worst (yankees fans would probalby disagree); games on FOX are easily the most nonbaseball, pop-culture broadcasts I've ever seen VH1 or otherwise. He is the lord and of the master of the obvious annoucer, which also includes John Madden (no disrespect for what you did as a coach John and for the gaming industry).
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby RedSoxdominate » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:42 pm

It's unfortunate that there are so many bad baseball analysts around. Stark, Kurkjian and Gammons are solid but most of the other guys on BBTN are weak. And yes, McCarver and Buck need to go. I just wonder what those two are going to talk about now that the Red Sox aren't cursed. I think that their entire careers were based on showing images of Babe Ruth during Yanks/Sox broadcasts. Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are easily 10X the announcers that Buck and McCarver are.
RedSoxdominate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby looptid » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:48 pm

I'd like to throw in Hawk Harelson. Is there a more forced, artificial, hackneed, premeditated homerun call in the history of baseball? It's about as cool as telling all your friends the only thing you want for your birthday is a surpirse party.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:05 am

RedSoxdominate wrote:It's unfortunate that there are so many bad baseball analysts around. Stark, Kurkjian and Gammons are solid but most of the other guys on BBTN are weak. And yes, McCarver and Buck need to go. I just wonder what those two are going to talk about now that the Red Sox aren't cursed. I think that their entire careers were based on showing images of Babe Ruth during Yanks/Sox broadcasts. Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are easily 10X the announcers that Buck and McCarver are.

u hit the nail on the head man -- being a giants fan, i guess im relatively spoiled since we have arguably the best broadcast team in baseball (krukow, kuiper, jon miller are the highlights), but just about every talking head on TV and radio sound like generic idiots - only a few actually know what they are talking about -- stark, kurkjian, gammons, morgan included
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -100)

Postby Mugwump » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:16 am

I am a Yanks fan and I think McCarver blows. Speaking of Yanks announcers, Suzyn Waldman(However you spell her name) is the worst ever.

BTW, Joe Morgan is a class act and a great announcer!
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby brenzie » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:24 am

Around here we have to listen to THE worst baseball announcer, Ron Santo for the Cubs. He can't complete sentences, or thoughts. He just provides stupid, insipid comments to his partner Hughes. Its so bad, they have elevated the two to an Abbott & Costello gig and replay bits of commentary throughout the day on WGN.
brenzie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:28 am

Is Harold Reynolds still around? I like him :-)

I can't believe people who like Joe Morgan's announcing. He is so dull and he grates on my last nerve. I ESPECIALLY hate how he always uses the word comfortable because he pronounces it weird. Bugs the crap outta me.

What's Chip Caray doing on Braves broadcasts?
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers