Return to Baseball Leftovers

GMs still trade with Billy Beane?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:09 pm

IVIisfits138 wrote:Bonderman didn't fit into Beane's type of player to draft so he didn't feel he was "his" player such as the other college pitchers he got.

I don't want to to offend anyone about this, but if you look at Bonderman, he kind of has that down-syndrome look although it may just be a learning disabilty.

What does that have to do with anything baseball related?

I have a feeling that if you were to give an IQ test to the league, Bonderman would not be anywhere near the bottom of the list. Some guys are morons by their own merit, yet still get huge contracts and know how to play the game. You didn't really offend me by insulting Bonderman like that, I just think you didn't say anything relevant at all. Why even bring up his learning disability? What does that have to do with anything? Obviously he knows how to pitch, and is open to taking advice from coaches...that's where it should end.

I'll reiterate what I said before....I truly hope that Bonderman no-hits the Oakland A's someday before he retires for such tasteless comments. Whether or not he has a learning disability has nothing to do with how he plays the game of baseball...and I am sure he is not the dumbest guy in the league. He is probably actually a better person than most guys in the league because he has been through what sounds like the ultimate highs and lows of life. That's what builds character, not having everything handed to you on a silver platter.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -69)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IVIisfits138 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:17 pm

How wasnt my first part baseball related? Beane only likes college players and dislikes drafting high school kids I.E. - Bonderman. Thus the reason why he let him go for a bag of beans because he was never really commited to him. I didn't imply that the A's didn't want him since he had a learning disabilty.
My second part was just my opinion, and I think you need to chill out and stop trying to be so politically correct. I am well aware that Bonderman is the dumbest person in the league since he went through U.S. school systems which gives him a huge leg up on a good portion of baseball.
And since when do I have to post anything relevant on an internet message board?
Do Work
IVIisfits138
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Deuce » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:36 pm

If Beane offers any GM a player he wants, that player will be traded. GM's are not that childish that they will take their respective toys and go home. You win some, you lose some. Billy just seems to win more than he loses. The A's don't have a TV network supporting them, therefore, they don't have EAST COAST POWER MONEY.
WITH BETTER REVENUE SHARING, BEANE PROBABLY WOULD GO AFTER MORE PROVEN PLAYERS. :-P
Instead he has to study harder and take more chances on prospects. Luckily they are panning out.
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:32 pm

IVIisfits138 wrote:How wasnt my first part baseball related? Beane only likes college players and dislikes drafting high school kids I.E. - Bonderman. Thus the reason why he let him go for a bag of beans because he was never really commited to him. I didn't imply that the A's didn't want him since he had a learning disabilty.
My second part was just my opinion, and I think you need to chill out and stop trying to be so politically correct. I am well aware that Bonderman is the dumbest person in the league since he went through U.S. school systems which gives him a huge leg up on a good portion of baseball.
And since when do I have to post anything relevant on an internet message board?

No need to get in a tussle over something this little guys...

Also, I think you meant to say that you thought he was not the dumbest guy in the league.

;-D
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -301)

Postby IVIisfits138 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:33 pm

StlSluggers wrote:No need to get in a tussle over something this little guys...

Also, I think you meant to say that you thought he was not the dumbest guy in the league.

;-D

Yeah, what he said.
Do Work
IVIisfits138
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers