Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who thinks magglio owners should cut ties?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who thinks magglio owners should cut ties?

Postby TEKTON » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:19 am

I wasted a pick(6 or 7th rd.) on this guy, and really want to just drop him straight out in hopes some other owner could tie up a roster spot on him all season.

I dont see him back in 6 weeks in no realistic way. Would you drop or have you dropped him.
TEKTON
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjigglers » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:23 am

only if you're in my league. why not just put him on the DL?
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TEKTON » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:37 am

so, you must believe he will play this season and when i say play, i mean produce. I dont have the same feeling.
TEKTON
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:39 am

I ain't cutting him. That's what the DL is for. I mean...unless you have a DL full of superstars, why cut him if you can just stash him on the DL?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Postby fiz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:16 am

Pedantic wrote:I ain't cutting him. That's what the DL is for. I mean...unless you have a DL full of superstars, why cut him if you can just stash him on the DL?

dunno man - to me, DL is for people like morneau who are out for 2 weeks or so - when i hear magglio might be out "months"...

i get :-o
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -5)

Postby LBJackal » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:28 am

Stash him on the DL. I don't think very highly of him, and even if he was 100% this year I wouldn't have expected a whole lot more than 25 HR and a .300 BA. But now with all the injuries he's had... :-o

There are probably better options on waivers considering the time he'll miss, but there's no point in cutting him if you can put him on the DL.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:05 am

DL if it is free. No point in having empty DL slots in my opinion. Then jus drop him if you need the space for one of your starters.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby bselig » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:22 am

yea, dl him unless you need the dl for other guys (which may be the case for many), and in that case release him; magglio seems like he might be the kind of guy a bunch of people pick up off waivers, stash on their dl for 2-3 weeks, then release back to waivers once they actually need their dl
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby TEKTON » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:26 am

my DL is being used for real superstars, that is the reason I asked the question. I currently have Bonds and Gagne. Maggs may be getting his walking papers very soon. thanks for the input.
TEKTON
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:42 am

I'm in a 19-team league and he was dropped a few days ago and has been available as a free agent for two days and nobody has gone after him. I'm one of several teams in the league that could use some OF help (current OF= Lawton, B. Clark, P. Wilson, Jenkins, Winn), but nobody wants to take a chance on this guy when it involves probably wasting a roster spot and getting nothing out of him for three months. I thought about picking him up this morning if the news had gotten better on him, but the news on him just seems to be getting worse on him day after day. I don't know if there's any assurance he plays well when he gets back anyway.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -32)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers