Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who thinks magglio owners should cut ties?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby unclepaulie » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:58 am

That "Ninja" put that Uhhhhhhieeeeee on Mags. I would cut ties and run for the hills if I were you.
Image <-----Meet the "NEW" Mets

"I pity the mind that can only spell a word one way"
-Thomas Jefferson
unclepaulie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ your house with my dirty shoes on ya white couch!

Postby TrickyRicky » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:59 pm

I'd Stash him on your DL just like i am doing with Bonds and Nomar lol :-° . No worries...still in 1st ;-D
TrickyRicky
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:16 pm

I dropped him... but I'm in an 8-team league and only have 1 DL & 3 bench slots.
9er Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:08 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:I'm in a 19-team league and he was dropped a few days ago and has been available as a free agent for two days and nobody has gone after him. I'm one of several teams in the league that could use some OF help (current OF= Lawton, B. Clark, P. Wilson, Jenkins, Winn), but nobody wants to take a chance on this guy when it involves probably wasting a roster spot and getting nothing out of him for three months. I thought about picking him up this morning if the news had gotten better on him, but the news on him just seems to be getting worse on him day after day. I don't know if there's any assurance he plays well when he gets back anyway.

He should easily be scooped up in a 19 team league...
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby TEKTON » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:40 pm

he is dropped like chum in the water. i only have one DL and that is being rented by barry "the man" bonds. and eric gagne is renting space next to him. My OF is currently set with carl "the truth" crawford, GA, and P.Wilson and Biggio platoon. Barry's arrival in upcoming weeks will be welcomed. thanks for all the input.

T
TEKTON
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:27 am

TEKTON wrote:my DL is being used for real superstars, that is the reason I asked the question. I currently have Bonds and Gagne. Maggs may be getting his walking papers very soon. thanks for the input.

Very similar scenario to you. I have Gagne, Bonds, Berkman, Escobar, and Penny (now off) on the DL already. Needless to say, I cut him for roster flexibility about 4-5 days ago (as soon as I heard sports hernia - 2 months). Nobody has yet to make a move on him in my 12 team league, but transactions do cost us $2 so that might explain something.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers