Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Harden keep this up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can Harden keep this up?

Postby Titanic Grizzlie » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Is this the year that Harden breaks in the top teir of elite pitchers? Is he capable of throwing down a 3.20 ERA and 1.20 WHIP for the season yet or what? I think I might try to sell high on him because I feel like he will slow as the summer heats up and he tires out. he is

Many of us who were smart enough to target him in drafts are licking our chops right now, but should we instead be "selling high" ? Obviosly only sell if the deal is right but if a deal like Harden and ( Figgins, Rowand, or burrell type) can be packaged to land a slumping Schilling then I believe it would be a wise way to go.
Titanic Grizzlie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

i think he can

Postby J Allman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:28 pm

I think he can keep it up...obviously he will have a few games where he will get rocked.....but i think he has the stuff to be an elite pitcher. I drafted like u said mid/late round and i have been more than pleased ;-D
J Allman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby coachdino » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:32 pm

I am assuming this is not a keeper league...if it is hang on to him. I believe he has the tallent to be a top tier pitcher, and he could do it this year. He might be the type that responds to positive reinforcement...which was obviously given to him when they traded Hudson and Mulder.
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Can Harden keep this up?

Postby rjforlife » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:58 pm

Titanic Grizzlie wrote:Is this the year that Harden breaks in the top teir of elite pitchers? Is he capable of throwing down a 3.20 ERA and 1.20 WHIP for the season yet or what? I think I might try to sell high on him because I feel like he will slow as the summer heats up and he tires out. he is

Many of us who were smart enough to target him in drafts are licking our chops right now, but should we instead be "selling high" ? Obviosly only sell if the deal is right but if a deal like Harden and ( Figgins, Rowand, or burrell type) can be packaged to land a slumping Schilling then I believe it would be a wise way to go.

theres no way you deal harden for schilling right now, as it is easily possible that harden puts up better fantasy numbers than schilling. if anything, get a throw-in with schilling for harden and then maybe id do it. and saying a slumping schilling is dangerous as he is an injured old man, not a prime canidate for a slump, but rather a career end.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby baseballnewb » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:18 pm

Yes harden can keep it up. He was great second half of last year.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:42 pm

I think Ben Sheets of 04, with a slightly higher ERA and a few less K's. Couple more W's, and a little higher WHIP.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby jtuzzi » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:57 pm

He is a stud. Don't trade him unless you are getting a pretty amazing offer.
jtuzzi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bluefire7 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:45 am

what he said ^
;-D
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brandnew » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:53 am

Heh, heh. My one good deal of the year is looking sweeter by the day. (Russ Ortiz and Nomar for Andruw and Harden)
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)

Re: Can Harden keep this up?

Postby davidmarver » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:14 am

Titanic Grizzlie wrote:Is this the year that Harden breaks in the top teir of elite pitchers? Is he capable of throwing down a 3.20 ERA and 1.20 WHIP for the season yet or what? I think I might try to sell high on him because I feel like he will slow as the summer heats up and he tires out. he is

All I know is that Billy Beane had to be pretty sold that Harden is legit if he was going to trade away two established stars for prospects and expect to compete immediately. While some of us like to sit and say Beane's overrated, the guy consistency makes good deals (although I'd argue he made a mistake trading Ramon Hernandez).

Either way stick with Harden. AL aces are hard to come by and he may just be one.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Return to Baseball Leftovers