Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROFL trade approval and cbs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:42 pm

4Pack wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
quicksilver8 wrote:I don't want to sound like an idiot...but I think the cbs commissioner did the right thing. You definitely got the better end of the deal...but the trade wasn't so lopsided that it was vetoable...imo.

Uhh, yes it is.

Some leagues/managers do not value RP's as much as others. I happen to be one of the managers that do not drool over RP's so much that I would take one before the 7th or 8th round at best. Sooo..IMO..that trade was not vetoable.

I do not value relievers either. My first one taken was Danny Graves in like the 15th round.

I still think that trade is ridiculous.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:45 pm

I dont value RP AT ALL -- id rather have a roster of 12 SP than 9 SP and 3RP every day of the week, (especially since you dont have to start RP if you dont want), that aside, Foulke and Lidge are 2 of the best closers there are, and over a year will put up numbers equal to about c-zam if not more (for those that play in cbs leagues you'll know that over half the top 20 pitchers pts wise were closers last year), i just dont like the unreliabiltiy, its nice to get 60pts one with with 5 saves and then get 0 for two in a row, i just dont like that for planning purposes
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pokey » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Trades should really only be vetoed if there's collusion suspected, that trade, while bad, was obviously not collusion.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby JTWood » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:55 pm

Pokey wrote:Trades should really only be vetoed if there's collusion suspected, that trade, while bad, was obviously not collusion.

Can I take credit for saying that first?

:-D

I agree. While a terrible trade, it's not vetoable.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:23 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:nice...and yeah...both sides got something out of this trade...one side studs...the other...their poop.

i bet gary bettman in the cbs commisssioner.

:-b
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers