Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Brown - Worth keeping?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Brown - Worth keeping?

Postby HolyCow101 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:28 pm

I was thinking about dropping Kevin Brown and riding out Brian Roberts current hot streak since it could really help me out. My pitching is deep enough but who here still has any faith in Kevin Brown?
New York Yankees - 2005 WS Champions!
HolyCow101
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

And Brown is a batting practice pitcher.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -15)

Postby The Punisher » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:52 pm

I havent had faith in Kevin Brown since last year, Id say get rid of him for Roberts
Last edited by The Punisher on Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -63)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm

hard to believe that roberts is still available 3 weeks into the season, but yea pick up roberts for now
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:12 pm

I have not thought much of Brown since the parasites nonsense last season. A strugglng, 40+ year old sinker ball pitcher with a bad back who has lost 3-5 mph off his fastball. Not worth keeping at this point on a fantasy squad.

He might stay healthy for long enough to eventually be effective for a month or two before the next injury but I would not be holding my breath. It should prove interesting to see what the next excuse will be. Last one was he slipped on the mound and threw out his back. A month more of this and Brown may be a very cheap pitcher for some team like KC or he will be sitting on a beach, esp if the rookie they are calling up to replace Wright is any good.

I think it is inevitable that the Yanks will trying to deal for a SP that at least can eat some innings and be an adequate number 5 as Brown looks like he is toast and Wright is probably out for a long time.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby kcs261 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:05 pm

Brown has only had 2-starts this season so far. That makes it tough to jump to any conclusions. That said, Roberts shouldn't be on any WW. I'd just look through your roster and see if you can drop somebody else. But I'd leave Brown on the bench for now. However, I wouldn't want to dump Brown right now, either, after 2-starts. But I'd definitely snag Roberts.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Viper8437 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:23 pm

youre avtar freaked me out for a bit
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)