Return to Baseball Leftovers

Uribe vs. Matsui (let's try this again....)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ramble2 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:45 pm

It's not entirely clear to me why this is the wrong forum. He didn't ask the question explicitly about his team (though obviously it's relevant to his team). Maybe if it was a 'rank these mid- to lower- tier 2B' question it would have been okay? I agree that placing things in the correct forum is helpful, but this one isn't quite so cut and dry to my mind.

To the question.

I like Matsui better. It's not so much that I'm high on Matsui, but unconvinced by Uribe. I mean the guy blows for two years in COL then busts out in CHW? I know that the White Sox play in a great hitters park, but last year just reeks of 'career year'.

Of course right now Uribe is hitting better than Matsui. But I think Uribe will come back to something between his COL years and last year - around .270 with 15-20 HR. Why do I like Matsui better? I think you'll end up around the same or better BA, a few less HR (don't expect more than 15), but around 10 (or more) stolen bases. 2B typically isn't a place to find power, and if you are trying to decide whether or not to put Matsui in that slot then odds are you don't already have a power 2B. Go with SB.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shamsky69 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:49 pm

matmat wrote:and the first time you asked that question it was locked by the webhamster for being in the wrong forum and you chose to completely ignore that. why?

I didn't ignore it. I rephrased the question after figuring that my use of the keyword "drop" broke some sort of new rule.

Admittedly, I was a little confused because, like I showed, there are a bunch of exactly the same type of questions all over this page. I simply wanted to know who might have better numbers between Kaz and Uribe.... is that really the wrong forum?

Anyway, enough. Are you God or something? If I remember correctly, you were the same guy getting all high and mighty in that ethics thread the other day. Here's some free advice - take yourself a little less seriously. Relax. Be nice to others.
Shamsky69
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:54 pm

Shamsky69 wrote:
matmat wrote:and the first time you asked that question it was locked by the webhamster for being in the wrong forum and you chose to completely ignore that. why?

I didn't ignore it. I rephrased the question after figuring that my use of the keyword "drop" broke some sort of new rule.

Shamsky there is a specific forum for trade, keeper and waiver questions. You know that. If you deliberately post your question in the wrong forum so that it gets more exposure and responses I will lock your thread.

If a person does it innocently because they are unaware of the different forums I will move the post to the correct forum.

As for the threads that you have mentioned, it has been determined that these posters were not asking for specific help with their teams.

In the future please make your posts in the correct forum.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -414)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers