Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's going on in Chicago?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's going on in Chicago?

Postby Steve Eckstut » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:06 pm

So basically LaTroy loses the job, Chad Fox is taking over and Yahoo! reports that Borowski is getting the job full-time when he's back. Is this true? I have 3 other RP right now (Wagner, Ryan, and Gordon) and the kid I nearly got a trade from (El Duque and LaTroy for V. Wells) decided he didn't like Joe Bo. I have a feeling he'd like Gordon better, but I'm not going to give up Gordon unless I know 100% that Joe Bo is the closer. His '03 stats were VERY good. Also, I have #1 waiver priority and am planning on getting Burgos when he comes into the database. Oh and this is a points league and Gordon has pretty good value. About that of a 25-30 save closer.

Thanks in advance.
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:14 pm

I would trade Gordon for Borowski personally. It's much easier to find a good MR on the WW (if the league doesn't count holds) than a closer who could save 20 games before the season's over.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Andy1234 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:19 pm

You say Gordon is worth that of a 25-30 save pitcher. Then I wouldn't take him over a pitcher who might be a 25-30 save pitcher.

No one knows whats going on in the Cubs pen, not even the Cubs, and especially not Dusty.

Its a toss up, just one more person added to the mix
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -181)

Postby bselig » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:20 pm

how does gordon have that much value...are holds counted in a points league?
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Steve Eckstut » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:21 pm

slomo007 wrote:I would trade Gordon for Borowski personally. It's much easier to find a good MR on the WW (if the league doesn't count holds) than a closer who could save 20 games before the season's over.

I have both. It's a fantasy point league where holds = 5 and saves = 7, and Gordon was much better than most closers last year (although he's not been great this year). I'm pretty sure he'd value Gordon higher, and I'm probably going to get Burgos off of waivers, should I trade one? Both?
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:23 pm

Steve Eckstut wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I would trade Gordon for Borowski personally. It's much easier to find a good MR on the WW (if the league doesn't count holds) than a closer who could save 20 games before the season's over.

I have both. It's a fantasy point league where holds = 5 and saves = 7, and Gordon was much better than most closers last year (although he's not been great this year). I'm pretty sure he'd value Gordon higher, and I'm probably going to get Burgos off of waivers, should I trade one? Both?

Tough one, I guess I'd probably hold on to Gordon then and trade Borowski if you can get something out of him. I do trust Joe to come back, and do trust him to be better than last year...but I don't know if he can repeat 2003 either.

Just keep hyping that saves are worth more than holds and try to trade Joe.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Return to Baseball Leftovers