Return to Baseball Leftovers

Strategy of "selling high versus low"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby great gretzky » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:39 pm

addendum:

what would people have "paid" int he draft for a 2b who got 80 runs, 15 hr's, 70 rbi, .280 avg, and 30 stolen bases?

Im imgainging that would be a very valuable commodity, no?

well roberts has already acheived 25 percent of that basically, in 1/6th of the season. even if he reverts to hsi mean for the rest of the year, and hits only 4 more hr's, any doubt in the lineup that baltimore is toting that he will get his runs and rbis? he only needs about 10 runs and 10 rbis a month to reach those totals (not exact, jsut a guestimate). he should maintain his avg, and would need 8 hr's to get the hr total I posted.

I think he is definitely a hold in my book, because I don't think many woudl trade for the guy based on the aggregate total I listed, but he probably will reach it, based on that start.

you might as well, "let it ride" -- because IF he keeps it up, the reward is huge.

i mean if you are playing him as a 2b, yea, trade him if soraino or kent is involved, otherwise, why mess witha good thing.

If he is your MI, yea if jeter and tejada figure prominently involved, then you move him.

but I don't see the owners of those guys doign that. so with the drop off being what it is, I don't see it.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers