Return to Baseball Leftovers

when will my #1's come around

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

when will my #1's come around

Postby valnas » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:22 pm

in a 20 team keeper leage here, and I have arguably 4 1st rounders on offense that aren't getting it doen

Helton
Rolen
Abreu
Tejada (ok, he's getting it done in a big way)

Anyone worried about rolen and helton's production ? Helton is scaring me a bit, and the trade rumors are also not helping. Should I try and find someone "buying low" and steal a pitching prospect and a decent 1b ?
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:32 pm

Abreu's usually cold in the beginning of the year, so there's nothing to worry about there. At least you have seven SBs already.

Helton's such a great hitter that it's hard to worry. His protection certainly isn't great, but with Barmes hitting well and Atkins returning, it might not be as bad as it was last year. He's not a first rounder IMO, but will give you his trademark high average.

Rolen will get the Rs and RBIs in that lineup, but I truly believe last year was his career season. I expect him to fall back to his career averages and put up 2nd-3rd round numbers. I believe Rotoworld cited some injury concerns with him, too.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

well

Postby valnas » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:36 pm

actually i just traded sabathia and percival for abreu and borowski, so i have none of his early steals. But i'm hoping they come, cause I don't have a lot of other sources (utley, g.anderson, bagwell, and a griffet/everett/ibanez platoon of sorts). I'll sit on helton and wait for him to put up numbers, just frustrating.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Grandslam 275 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:38 pm

Abreu will bust out...
Grandslam 275
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Grandslam 275 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:52 pm

Sounds like it to me, either that or its for fun.
Grandslam 275
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

not at all

Postby valnas » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:55 pm

its very competitive now, this is the 4th year of a keeper league, I drafted rolen,helton and bagwell originally. I've probably made 80 small trades to improve my team over 4 years to acquire what I've got. I won the first three years, but this year I'm middle of the pack so far. I've just worked some of the more panicked owners at good times, i got tejada back when he was cold as ice on oakland for berkmen.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

I am too

Postby valnas » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:56 pm

he's the last place owner and he's been building for the future. he got street, kazmir, blanton, and morneua so far. So for him he sees more value in sabathia I guess.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Punisher » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:03 pm

Well Im a Helton owner myself and I am getting dissappointed this season. But Im sure hell start to come around as the year goes on, plus you got to remember he is hitting in a really bad lineup so he might not get as many chances for RBI's, R's, etc. The funny thing is he is hitting almost 100 points higher on the road than at home
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -63)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers