Return to Baseball Leftovers

Felipe Lopez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FlawedReasoning » Thu May 12, 2005 12:53 pm

Thanks for pointing Lopez out...

In a 14-team weekly H2H, would you rather go with Lopez or Choi to fill a hole in IF? I picked up Choi the other day, but his crappy fielding has me a little worried.
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Thu May 12, 2005 12:57 pm

i would prefer lopez, only because in contrast to choi, his fielding will garauntee him some stability and he does have some speed.

wish i had room for him on my team, but i'd have to drop some weaker performers that i have gut feelings will turn it up soon. so, enjoy him, mark murray. dang.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -30)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu May 12, 2005 1:35 pm

He's a former first-round pick with decent power/speed tools who turns 25 today. Some of his early troubles in Toronto may have to do with the fact that he was 20 when he was called up (anyone thinking Beltre here?).
Anyway, Lopez could just turn out to be another DJimenez type who shlubs around year after year, or he could bust out at any time.
With the job to himself for the next few weeks, this might be when we find out. If you've got a roster spot going to waste, you could try for the old 'lightning in a bottle' grab.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby ravenmad22 » Thu May 12, 2005 6:33 pm

I just picked him up for my MIF carousel. Dropped Khalil Greene, who I had just added for Ronnie Belliard.

Keep it up Felipe!
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu May 12, 2005 8:06 pm

FlawedReasoning wrote:Thanks for pointing Lopez out...

In a 14-team weekly H2H, would you rather go with Lopez or Choi to fill a hole in IF? I picked up Choi the other day, but his crappy fielding has me a little worried.

to have all year long...def felipe...choi is great for a 3 day strech...he'll hit at least 5 homers and then he won't hit anything for two months.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers