Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tony Pena: A quitter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kev921 » Wed May 11, 2005 3:41 pm

Box wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:NO.......what we need to do is get DAVID GLASS to sell the TEAM. Pena was inept, even with this cast of low cost characters....was horrible and ito be honest in this area of the country he wasnt the best PR guy as he barely speaks english fluently.

Payroll is @ 36 million, it needs to be frickin at least 50.......Baird has made good deals with what has been given him. Bautista for Grimseley, Jose Bautista for Justin Huber, Beltran for Buck, Teahan and Wood......the thing is........these guys werent all ready for the bigs and they are having to develop on the fly.

Christ sakes, are back end of the bullpen is Burgos, Sisco, Nunez, all under 22. Thats a minor league team.

I agree Glass needs to go, but Pena will end up managing somewhere else. You can't tell me that 2003 team willed itself to 83-79. If you gave Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa these players they'd maybe have 9 wins instead of 8 right now.

I have to disagree with that. The Royals are 3-9 in one run games. A good manager might have them 9-3 in one run games (giving them a record of 14-19). Granted that's not great, but much more respectable.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Wed May 11, 2005 7:49 pm

kev921 wrote:I have to disagree with that. The Royals are 3-9 in one run games. A good manager might have them 9-3 in one run games (giving them a record of 14-19). Granted that's not great, but much more respectable.

Who's gonna pitch them out of a jam? Ambiriox Burgos?
Who's gonna come off the bench to get that crucial hit? Terrance Long?

The horses just arent there. Things are gonna get more depressing when Sweeney leaves.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -15)

Postby kev921 » Thu May 12, 2005 10:02 am

Box wrote:
kev921 wrote:I have to disagree with that. The Royals are 3-9 in one run games. A good manager might have them 9-3 in one run games (giving them a record of 14-19). Granted that's not great, but much more respectable.

Who's gonna pitch them out of a jam? Ambiriox Burgos?
Who's gonna come off the bench to get that crucial hit? Terrance Long?

The horses just arent there. Things are gonna get more depressing when Sweeney leaves.

I agree that the Royals are short on talent, but that is not what I said. Even though the game is played on the field, some of the managerial moves were not consistent.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -81)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers