Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran Concern

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:40 pm

It just seems like he has the red light. Randolph is foolishly not allowing Beltran to do what he does best: determine when and when not to steal.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6410
(Past Year: -16)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:41 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:It just seems like he has the red light. Randolph is foolishly not allowing Beltran to do what he does best: determine when and when not to steal.


Hey CF, you should be proud. I actually rooted for the Cubs to win in extra innings because I want to teach Red Light Randolph a lesson for not sending Beltran when he reached in the 10th. }:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11890
(Past Year: -70)
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 11, 2005 7:32 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Outside of Reyes, no one on that team is stealing like they could be. To me, it seems like Willie has the red light on. I've tempered my SB expectations for all Mets unless something changes.


I think this is how you have to proceed at this point.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8664
(Past Year: -227)
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 11, 2005 7:56 pm

Maybe they just figure to get steals from reyes and want Beltran to concentrate more on hitting for power. Different managers have different styles. Maybe there is an unseen factor like a nagging injury or something!!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2582
(Past Year: -35)
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Postby Octavian » Wed May 11, 2005 8:02 pm

RynMan wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Outside of Reyes, no one on that team is stealing like they could be. To me, it seems like Willie has the red light on. I've tempered my SB expectations for all Mets unless something changes.


I think this is how you have to proceed at this point.


It really is, Randolph is a station to station manager. And again, Beltran's speed benefits the Mets the most in CF, not on the base paths. They just signed him to a huge deal, he's young, they don't want to run his wheels out from underhim and lose the whole ball of wax. Without those legs, he's worthless defensively and they drafted him for that skill just as much as anything else he provides. If you look at it, cut back the steals but keep him fresh in the field and he'll still put up his usual numbers at the plate, that's good for the Mets. But saying he drops to 4th or 5th round is absurd, he's still top 20.
Image
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 469
(Past Year: -13)
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 11, 2005 8:17 pm

SominaDei wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Outside of Reyes, no one on that team is stealing like they could be. To me, it seems like Willie has the red light on. I've tempered my SB expectations for all Mets unless something changes.


I think this is how you have to proceed at this point.


It really is, Randolph is a station to station manager. And again, Beltran's speed benefits the Mets the most in CF, not on the base paths. They just signed him to a huge deal, he's young, they don't want to run his wheels out from underhim and lose the whole ball of wax. Without those legs, he's worthless defensively and they drafted him for that skill just as much as anything else he provides. If you look at it, cut back the steals but keep him fresh in the field and he'll still put up his usual numbers at the plate, that's good for the Mets. But saying he drops to 4th or 5th round is absurd, he's still top 20.


Why is he top 20?
35 hr's .250 average 100 rbis? not top 20 to me not for outfielders
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby RynMan » Wed May 11, 2005 8:18 pm

acsguitar wrote:
SominaDei wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Outside of Reyes, no one on that team is stealing like they could be. To me, it seems like Willie has the red light on. I've tempered my SB expectations for all Mets unless something changes.


I think this is how you have to proceed at this point.


It really is, Randolph is a station to station manager. And again, Beltran's speed benefits the Mets the most in CF, not on the base paths. They just signed him to a huge deal, he's young, they don't want to run his wheels out from underhim and lose the whole ball of wax. Without those legs, he's worthless defensively and they drafted him for that skill just as much as anything else he provides. If you look at it, cut back the steals but keep him fresh in the field and he'll still put up his usual numbers at the plate, that's good for the Mets. But saying he drops to 4th or 5th round is absurd, he's still top 20.


Why is he top 20?
35 hr's .250 average 100 rbis? not top 20 to me not for outfielders


35 HR's, .290, 110 rbis, 100-110 R, 20 SB.....top 20 for me.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8664
(Past Year: -227)
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 11, 2005 8:23 pm

RynMan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
SominaDei wrote:
RynMan wrote:
Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Outside of Reyes, no one on that team is stealing like they could be. To me, it seems like Willie has the red light on. I've tempered my SB expectations for all Mets unless something changes.


I think this is how you have to proceed at this point.


It really is, Randolph is a station to station manager. And again, Beltran's speed benefits the Mets the most in CF, not on the base paths. They just signed him to a huge deal, he's young, they don't want to run his wheels out from underhim and lose the whole ball of wax. Without those legs, he's worthless defensively and they drafted him for that skill just as much as anything else he provides. If you look at it, cut back the steals but keep him fresh in the field and he'll still put up his usual numbers at the plate, that's good for the Mets. But saying he drops to 4th or 5th round is absurd, he's still top 20.


Why is he top 20?
35 hr's .250 average 100 rbis? not top 20 to me not for outfielders


35 HR's, .290, 110 rbis, 100-110 R, 20 SB.....top 20 for me.


Right 20 is nice..but so far he has 1
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby revenge_of_the_cards » Wed May 11, 2005 9:02 pm

even if he doesnt get 20 sb. hes still a rich mans Carlos Lee. id take him 2nd round without the steals. .250??? where the hell did u get that from, the guy has been all over hte place on his avg, but in shea look for him to find gaps he has been doing that. hes up at .300 right now, hell prolly stay within .15 of that. 35 hr 115 runs 110 rbi is accurate.
Image
revenge_of_the_cards
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 150
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 11, 2005 9:12 pm

Yeah, acs. I think that 20 should be a lock though. He will just go on a tear one week.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8664
(Past Year: -227)
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests