Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Langerhans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ryan Langerhans

Postby Webster11 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Another multi HR game for him, that gives him 5 in limited ABs, is he for real? Potential sleeper? What kind of player was he in the minors?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LetsPlay2 » Wed May 11, 2005 6:23 pm

Not sure about his prospects of having a good year. Here are the minor league #s:

2004 AAA 456AB, 20HR, 72RBI, 102R, 113K, 70BB, .298BA

No other year really stands out. He's 25 so his power #s should still be increasing.
LetsPlay2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Punisher » Wed May 11, 2005 6:30 pm

Well yes hes been doing great for the time hes been up here but still those are only two standout games, you cant totally go by two big games. I would most definitely keep an eye on him but I dont think Id consider picking him up or anything yet
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -63)

Postby bobby » Wed May 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Is he an everyday starter?
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby tomkatt » Wed May 11, 2005 8:13 pm

Not yet, but it's only a matter of time before he takes over for Mondesi or Jordan.
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Wed May 11, 2005 8:32 pm

He seems to torch the ball when he is in the cleanup spot. He seems to really be vying for an everday job, and I see it as inevitable considering how well he is doing. I don't know if he can keep this up for the duration, but he seems to be worth a flier in deep leagues.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu May 12, 2005 12:49 am

his name will be all over the airwaves on local talk radio in atlanta tomorrow.......

i will monitor what they say......
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby baseballnewb » Thu May 12, 2005 1:02 am

Today's HR's were in coors, I wouldn't really count them. If he starts to play full time he's an adequate option in NL only leagues for sure or deep mixed leagues. Until he plays every day I don't think he's worth it.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu May 12, 2005 4:09 am

He's had a chip on his shoulder ever since last year when the Braves called up C.Thomas instead of him. Ever since then he's been playing like he's got something to prove and it's improved his overall game a ton. I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting more playing time because the Braves need a sparkplug like him in the lineup. Neither Mondesi or Jordan have proved they belong in the lineup everyday.. although Jordan seems to be picking it up of late. I'd expect to see Ryan in the lineup 3-4 times a week for now. And if he continues to play well he could take the job away from Mondesi completely.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby RC » Thu May 12, 2005 9:08 am

Jordan has hit Lefties at a much better clip than righties, especially over the past few years.

Langerhans seems to be a shoe-in for AB's against righties, if he continues his hot streak.

Could be a platoon situation, like with Nixon and Payton splitting time in Boston.

As with Nixon I think Langerhans will get the majority of the PT.

RC
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers