Return to Baseball Leftovers

Womack topic makes no sense ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Womack topic makes no sense ?

Postby djack909 » Wed May 11, 2005 7:03 pm

I started a topic on Womack on 5/3 and was critized for discussing such a low level player. And told my ridiculus topic made no sense. Well I answered my own question, and picked up Womack to platoon at 2B. Since then he is 11/30, .366, 8 R, 2 RBI, & 4 SBs. I guess it wasn't such a stupid topic.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cy23young » Wed May 11, 2005 7:11 pm

since moving into the second hole, it makes alot of sense.
cy23young
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby reznorsboy » Wed May 11, 2005 8:05 pm

His value will increase if the Yankees can get it together. He should get lots of SB's and runs
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -35)

Re: Womack topic makes no sense ?

Postby Conner » Wed May 11, 2005 9:09 pm

djack909 wrote:I started a topic on Womack on 5/3 and was critized for discussing such a low level player. And told my ridiculus topic made no sense. Well I answered my own question, and picked up Womack to platoon at 2B. Since then he is 11/30, .366, 8 R, 2 RBI, & 4 SBs. I guess it wasn't such a stupid topic.

I hope everyone realizes that 3 of those 8 runs, and all 4 of those steals came in todays game.

One good game (in which the entire offense had a great game) does not makes him a good player. He entered this game with just 2 steals on the season.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby RynoDyno » Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 pm

so i went ahead and read your topic from 5/3. one or two people actually meant that your post didn't make sense to them. not a rip on womack as much as your wording, and what not.

i'm glad you're feeling better though, like that 1950's pop song from the Motown Mommas:

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

VINDICATED, ahhhhhhhh, yes.
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cookman » Wed May 11, 2005 10:07 pm

Isn't that song by Dashboard Confessional? Who are the Motown Mommas?
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Wed May 11, 2005 10:10 pm

Alot of people will be after him based on today's performance, but all in all he's a boring player and you're better off trying to find some sleepers on the wire instead of suffering through his general mediocrity. Tons of MI's like him around.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynoDyno » Wed May 11, 2005 10:25 pm

cookman wrote:Isn't that song by Dashboard Confessional? Who are the Motown Mommas?

Motown Mommas were deep underground in Motown days, only resurrected recently by covers of their songs, including Dashboard Confessional's remake. Metallica was another big cover with Enter Sandman. Interesting read

The Motown Mommas started out as a quartet known as the Detroit Galsies. In 1949 two fifteen year olds, Moreen Johnson and Marie Woods, met at a talent show. John Jeffie, who managed a local doo wop group the Gals, wanted a sister group to accompany the Gals for stage performances. Jeffie asked Ballard to put together such an act. Ballard remembered Woods and the two of them brought in sixteen year old Betty Travis. Gals’ member Paul Williams, recommended a fifteen year old from Detroit's Brewster Housing project Debrah Johnstone. Jeffie named the group the Detroit Galsies after Debrah's parents gave their permission to join. The Galsies then started doing club dates and moved on to small theaters eventually.

The Galsies changed the name to Motown Mommas 4 years later, and remained largely underground in their short-lived careers. They managed to have more fame in the 1990’s with lyrics written and used for Enter Sandman, Vindicated, and Shot through the Heart.
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cookman » Wed May 11, 2005 10:34 pm

Interesting. Check this link out. If what you wrote is true, this guy is lieing his a$$ off in this interview. Sketchy.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148927 ... lines=true
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynoDyno » Thu May 12, 2005 7:17 am

cookman wrote:Interesting. Check this link out. If what you wrote is true, this guy is lieing his a$$ off in this interview. Sketchy.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/148927 ... lines=true

wow, strange :-?
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers