What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinch sacs » Thu May 12, 2005 6:32 am

can you please cut and paste, I dont want to sign up and it won't display the article unless you are logged in...
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby hybrid » Thu May 12, 2005 6:36 am

Hmm, I wonder if the Angels would bring up Ervin Santana from AA if he goes on the DL. Santana has been pitching really well and is their top SP prospect. I haven't had much of a chance to see him in person, but I've heard has some nasty stuff.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 am

Im finished in my 18 teamer then. My starters are already down to Schmidt DLed, Escobar, C zambrano, Josh Towers, and Chris Young. If Escobar goes down, I'm finished :-/ .
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

god no

Postby valnas » Thu May 12, 2005 7:04 am

Ono, this could be my death knell :(

My only solid starts in ym 20 teamer were

Escobar
Od. perez
B. Arroyo

Now i'm going to have to live and die with my crew of keeper youngings and some crafty vets

R. Wolf
J. Francis
B. Lawrence
C. Young
E. Astacio
Ra. Ortiz (yuck)
Jaret Wright (double yuck when he's back)

Might be time to look to deal rolen for an ace .... cause otherwise I am up the damn creek.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby reiser » Thu May 12, 2005 7:41 am

chinch sacs wrote:can you please cut and paste, I dont want to sign up and it won't display the article unless you are logged in...

here's the highlights:
Right-hander Kelvim Escobar said his elbow was "very sore" after giving up four runs and six hits in five innings and somehow striking out nine despite "not being even 80% of the guy I know," he said.

Escobar, who sat out the first half of spring training because of shoulder tightness and the first three weeks of the season because of an elbow sprain, said the pain he experienced Wednesday was in the back of the elbow, in a different area from his sprain.

But Escobar also said his discomfort is very similar to the feeling he experienced when he had bone chips in his elbow, a condition with which he has pitched parts of three seasons. He had surgery to remove bone chips in 1997 and was sidelined for six weeks.

Escobar, whose fastball dipped from its normal 94 mph to about 89 mph Wednesday, is expected to undergo X-rays and an MRI test, and it's possible he'll go on the disabled list or be forced to skip a start. If he continues to pitch, he will use anti-inflammatory medication and get elbow treatments.

"Sometimes the chips move around and they don't bother you, but if they get stuck in a nerve, that's when it gets sore," Escobar said. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep pitching. I don't want to go on the DL. And the last thing I want is surgery, because that would knock me out for six or seven weeks."
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby elldog5 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:49 am

this is horrible. I just aquired him as a part of a trade in which I sent Colon out. I hope he gets better. How do you strike out 9 if you're hurting that badly?
elldog5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 12, 2005 10:22 am

chinch sacs wrote:can you please cut and paste, I dont want to sign up and it won't display the article unless you are logged in...

Try bugmenot.com. A right click will automatically fill in bogus information in the required fields. Not sure if it works with IE.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Postby Yoda » Thu May 12, 2005 10:33 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Im finished in my 18 teamer then. My starters are already down to Schmidt DLed, Escobar, C zambrano, Josh Towers, and Chris Young. If Escobar goes down, I'm finished :-/ .

Wow... doesn't look good. Hope that's not your money team.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu May 12, 2005 10:59 am

Ouch! Schmidt and Escobar in the same week. :,-(

I'm in a deep league too, this makes Hampton my #2, and really puts the pressure the back of my rotation Patterson, Chacin, and D. Cabrera to get the job done.. not bad for WW pickups, but I don't think they were ever intended to be the horses of my staff like this..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -32)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers