Return to Baseball Leftovers

good tampa seats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

good tampa seats

Postby uucrook3d » Mon May 30, 2005 9:57 pm

any tampa fans out there that have any good insight on where the best seats are for a game at tropicana? planning a trip for later this summer and gonna catch a game. thanks for any insight
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uucrook3d » Tue May 31, 2005 12:42 am

anyone? any help would be appreciated
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Tue May 31, 2005 1:07 am

I always sit behind home plate, then again I sit there when I go to any game really. It's just where I prefer to sit.

All the seats are fairly good, I wouldn't say any are better then others. The good news is you can get any seats you want when you go to a game, cause well you know ... the Rays kind of suck. :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby uucrook3d » Tue May 31, 2005 1:15 am

yeah thats why we picked that area:-b that and the weather. thanks for the help. right now looking at some bleacher seats in left just because of $$$.
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bobby » Tue May 31, 2005 3:05 am

Do me a favor and pick a seat next to that annoying heckler guy and hit him on the back of the head with a 9-iron. O:-)
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby George_Foreman » Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 am

if you want the best seats for your buck, i would adivise third level behind home plate. the view of the pitcher and hitters are just about as good as if you were first row down the line, and the perspective is really quite amazing. they cost like $10 plus or minus depending on who the opponent is (damn their clevelr marketing...), so it's quite affordablle that's where my friends and i always sit now after spending twice as much for inferior first-level seats a couple times.

i will say this much though: the one time i got to sit on the first level behind hom plate (like < 20 rows from the net 8-o ) it was AMAZING! seeing the players that close... wow.

but yeah. those seats were REALLY expensive and i got them from a company i interned at. so if yoiu're shelling out, can't beat that third level behind the plate. ;-D

edited to add: you also have a decent chance of getting a foul ball or two depeneding on the game. one time we were there, there were like two or three one section over from us in addition to some on the other side of the plate (we were a bit off-center). i think you'll have a better chance of getting fouls if you're a little off-center.

and if you're affraid of heights... meh. you get what you pay for otherwise. >_<
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers