Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking for some buy-low candidates

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby djack909 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:45 pm

I have been trying to trade for H. Matsui for C. Patterson or HM for Freel in a multiplayer deal.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:15 am

I just traded Helton and Hafner for Soriano and Kevin Millar. I fully realize what the potential bacfire of this could be, but I just don't think either is going to come up to expectations. Just got tired of seeing 0-4 every night. Helton? 5 HRs in June?

You got owned, Soriano is a sell high candidate if anything and Helton and Hafner will both turn it around at least somewhat. Millar is worthless.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby rlee » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:19 am

baseballnewb wrote:
I just traded Helton and Hafner for Soriano and Kevin Millar. I fully realize what the potential bacfire of this could be, but I just don't think either is going to come up to expectations. Just got tired of seeing 0-4 every night. Helton? 5 HRs in June?

You got owned, Soriano is a sell high candidate if anything and Helton and Hafner will both turn it around at least somewhat. Millar is worthless.

We'll see :-[
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -3)

Postby CHESSTHUG » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:18 am

Big Pimpin wrote:I'm in 7th of 8 right now, but no one has pulled away from the pack. I was in last for a month, but my team has slowly been coming around and I've started to move up.

My worst categories are Ws, Ls, ERA, WHIP, HRs, and RBIs, but I figure with a staff of RJ, Sheets, Ollie, Harden, Bedard, and Bonderman (I also have Arroyo, W. Miller, and Radke, but mostly to trade at some point) I figure by the end of the year I'll be ok. My power has been lacking, but with VMart, Thome, Huff, Beltran, and Berkman (and maybe Lowell) bound to heat up I should start picking up there, too.

Pick up K Davies SP for Atlanta, should be a FA. GL
CHESSTHUG
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:28 am

I've got Chavez, Huff, VMart, Matsui, Wells, Morneau and Vlad...

and I've been fluctuating between 2nd and 4th right now. I can't wait for my team to start hitting...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -17)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:08 am

I was able to land Sheets, Matsui, Mussina within this past week ( gave up D-Train, Sheff)

All I feel are going to turn it around here soon. Sheets already got me nice stats vs the Yanks.. And Moose tonight! ;-D So far so good! That and I didn't have much faith in Willis even though he is 10-2. If he keeps it up great! I'll like him more next year. But he has to prove it. I say he is a SELL HIGH guy that could land you some nice BUY LOW guys like he did for me.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers