Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Annual Rocket Scientist Award

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby saxeT1979 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:34 am

Didnt D Lowe cut his finger pretty bad while throwing a chair in the dugout disgusted with his performance? He deserves at least an honorable mention. :-b
saxeT1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:37 am

Sosa throwing out his back by sneezing.

Enough said.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby nmarq8 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:47 am

I think these nominations are getting a little out of hand. I mean, listing a guy because he threw out his back carrying luggage. That makes me happy that he didn't pay someone to carry it for him, he's a porfessional athlete, he goes through more laborious tasks on a routine basis. Besides, we all do stupid things around the house/office and get hurt... The list should be narrowed down to things they do while still in uniform.
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:29 am

My vote still hasn't changed this year: John Rocker.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:33 am

I will vote for the starting SS on my softball team, who separated his shoulder while intoxicated by challenging an entire bar to an arm wrestling contest. At least he beat everyone but is still on the shelf. :-[
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:36 am

nmarq8 wrote:I think these nominations are getting a little out of hand. I mean, listing a guy because he threw out his back carrying luggage. That makes me happy that he didn't pay someone to carry it for him, he's a porfessional athlete, he goes through more laborious tasks on a routine basis. Besides, we all do stupid things around the house/office and get hurt... The list should be narrowed down to things they do while still in uniform.

Ironing your shirt while you're wearing it is an idiot act and deserves to be on the list.

I don't know what kind of stupid things you do around the house but...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby nmarq8 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:59 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
nmarq8 wrote:I think these nominations are getting a little out of hand. I mean, listing a guy because he threw out his back carrying luggage. That makes me happy that he didn't pay someone to carry it for him, he's a porfessional athlete, he goes through more laborious tasks on a routine basis. Besides, we all do stupid things around the house/office and get hurt... The list should be narrowed down to things they do while still in uniform.

Ironing your shirt while you're wearing it is an idiot act and deserves to be on the list.

I don't know what kind of stupid things you do around the house but...

I guarantee some random guy in the U.S. will wake up tomorrow and iron his shirt while wearing it... I don't know who but of the hundreds of millions americans and all of the morons out there (i.e. those that think beltran should start the all-star game), it's gonna happen. That being said, we all do stupid things and get injured from doing them. IMO, stories about athletes having funny injuries while in uniform are more impressive, such as vince coleman getting run over by the field tarp.
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:24 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Sosa throwing out his back by sneezing.

Enough said.

A truly wacky injury, but stupid? :-?

Stupid was splintering his corked bat in a game :-D.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:12 am

John Rocker did some pretty stupid things :-°
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -6)

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:29 pm

I think if you were to poll players, Curt Schilling would probably win the award for saying stupid things. He has a habit of making truly idiotic/uninformed remarks and then backpeddaling wildly months/years thereafter. He spent the majority of Steriods testimony before Congress retracting baseless staggering exaggerations he made on topic in previous years.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers