Return to Baseball Leftovers

foulke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

foulke

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:23 pm

what's up with this guy? he's been awful for the most part this year and timlin got the save today instead of him. is he injured or is management just fed up with him? does anyone know what's going on?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -106)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: foulke

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Half Massed wrote:what's up with this guy? he's been awful for the most part this year and timlin got the save today instead of him. is he injured or is management just fed up with him? does anyone know what's going on?

Did you really want him out on the hill after throwing 49 pitches last night, and getting rocked? There's a half a dozen threads on this already. Check them out in the future before starting another new one.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Half Massed wrote:what's up with this guy? he's been awful for the most part this year and timlin got the save today instead of him. is he injured or is management just fed up with him? does anyone know what's going on?

Did you really want him out on the hill after throwing 49 pitches last night, and getting rocked? There's a half a dozen threads on this already. Check them out in the future before starting another new one.

alright calm down, i didn't get a chance to check my team last night, i just saw today's boxscore, and apparently i didn't scroll down far enough. !+) don't get your panties up in a bunch :-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:56 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Dude you need to settle down.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby TonyCee » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:56 pm

Half Massed wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

alright calm down, i didn't get a chance to check my team last night, i just saw today's boxscore, and apparently i didn't scroll down far enough. !+) don't get your panties up in a bunch :-D

I'm sorry but I'm with bigh0rt, to many people come on here right after a middle reliever gets a Save instead of the closer and there like "D00D, did so and so lose there job, OMG", lol !+)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby max1889 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:08 pm

It actually looks like Fouke could lose his job to Arroyo when Schilling returns. If this is true, if you have a free roster spot (and Arroyo is available) you might want to stash him.
BTW This comes from WEEI (Boston sports radio)
max1889
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:16 pm

I'm not really sure where I got excited, and needed calming down. I pretty much answered your question, and gave you advice for future posting. I'll be sure to put on my kid gloves next time, I guess.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:32 pm

hey i don't like it when people do what i did either. obviously i didn't know i was doing it, and there's a way to handle it. either ignore it or leave a link to another post answering the question. the link is self explanatory. no need to get pissed at the person. and the foulke situation is a bit deeper than just a middle reliever getting a save. since i was unaware at the time of foulke's blow up last night, i thought maybe they had just had enough of him and something had actually happened, not just a random day off or something and that was my question. as i said, i see why you got annoyed, i do too when people do what i did, but you can handle it without being a dick about it. i usually agree with your posts when i see them hort, so i don't want to start anything here, but i think you were out of line with that one. maybe its because i was on the recieving end of it, but that's my opinion.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shamrock » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Shamrock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:49 am

Half Massed wrote:hey i don't like it when people do what i did either. obviously i didn't know i was doing it, and there's a way to handle it. either ignore it or leave a link to another post answering the question. the link is self explanatory. no need to get pissed at the person. and the foulke situation is a bit deeper than just a middle reliever getting a save. since i was unaware at the time of foulke's blow up last night, i thought maybe they had just had enough of him and something had actually happened, not just a random day off or something and that was my question. as i said, i see why you got annoyed, i do too when people do what i did, but you can handle it without being a dick about it. i usually agree with your posts when i see them hort, so i don't want to start anything here, but i think you were out of line with that one. maybe its because i was on the recieving end of it, but that's my opinion.

;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers